1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD External Drive trouble with Laptop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by AngelusTS, Mar 6, 2005.

1. AngelusTS

AngelusTS Member

Hi, everyone. I have been reading through a lot of the forum threads, and found some useful info/tricks to try. And i've done a few, but to no avail. I can't get my exteral DVD writer to work with my laptop. I have a desktop (old Compaq Presario) that it works with, but extrememly slow (it's an old computer! - It takes like 8 hrs for a DVD.

My laptop is a brand new Dell Inspiron 9100 (the big beast), and when I plug my external drive into it via USB (Mad Dog DVDRW) it says it will burn in about an hour and a half, but it will get through transcoding (i'm using Nero) and then stop when it starts to burn. It also leave a small outlined circle barely visible to the naked eye on the dvd, and ejects the disc. I can't figure out how to get a logfile to illustrate the problem from Nero.

Suggestions? Help!

2. AngelusTS

AngelusTS Member

Help! Still trying to burn DVD-R discs with my laptop. I can get it to burn on my desktop, which is much older, but it fails after about 1% when i try on the laptop. I'm using a Mad Dog 16x external recorder with a new Dell Inspiron 9100. originally I had roxio on my computer. So i uninstalled, and installed a new version of nero. I even used the tools to ensure that roxio was completely removed. HELP!!!