1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Fab @ 95% Should i use Rebuilder

Discussion in 'DVD / BD-Rebuilder forum' started by killalot, Apr 9, 2010.

1. killalot

killalot Active member

just started backing up some movies,mainly comedies for my daughter.Haven't backed up any disk's for years,my question is after taking out the extras etc dvdfab says 95% of the original for quality.I've only done two films so far and the quality looks good.Will Rebuilder make that much of a difference,i know folk say rebuilder comes in to its own when its say 75% quality just curious if using rebuilder is worth the extra hassle.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

I bet you won't see any difference if using Rebuilder to compress just by 5%, just waste some time...which might not matter, time is free for some folks...

3. killalot

killalot Active member

OK what percentage do think I should be using Rebuilder,75% 80%.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

That choice is yours, i personally use Rebuilder for compression up to say 95%.

5. killalot

killalot Active member

OK, done about 5 films now and the percentage has been round about the 85-90% the films look good,when it goes below 85% i start using Rebuilder.

6. creaky

Good stuff. Which encoder are you using ?, i just use HC (free) encoder, it gives excellent results and uses multiple cores, if you have any

7. killalot

killalot Active member

When i have used Rebuilder i used cce,think its called that,haven't used it for a wile.I did Die Hard 4 it looked just as good as the original

8. killalot

killalot Active member

creaky whats your views on which encoder is the best?Not to bothered on the speed difference,well as long as its not in hrs,don't mind 10-20 minutes.Did a film with the HC encoder and then did same film with CCE cant see much of a difference and both took 65 minutes.

9. creaky

There's your answer :). HC is free, produces excellent results. It's a no brainer for me.

10. Vulcan94

Vulcan94 Member

Free is good. Another thing that I like about using DVD-RB is the batch mode. I just set up 3-4 disks to encode and then go to bed. Next morning all I have to do is burn to disk.

Vulcan94

11. killalot

killalot Active member

OK,thanks for the reply's,Vulcan94 i only back up the occasional film,good to know about the batch option though not sure if I'm cleaver enough to use it :(