1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD FLICK & NERO

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by cashbondi, Feb 9, 2008.

1. cashbondi

cashbondi Member

Hey this may sound stupid, but i want to know if i download a file that is xvid or dvd.xvid do i still have to convert it with dvd Flick or can i just burn it strait to disk? please help also does anyone know of a faster converter? Oh and should i select burn with dvd flick after converting or is it faster to save the file to desktop and then burn with something like Nero? Thanks in advance everyone. Cheers

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

If you don't have a certified Divx player, then you have to convert the video to DVD format using DVD Flick or nero Vision.

You can select to burn with DVD Flick( which actually uses ImgBurn), or save to hard disc and burn with Nero.
    You can try ConvertxtoDVD, but if you want quality, I don't know if it is any faster. For me, DVD Flick is actually faster than Nero Vision, both set up for high quality , 2 pass encoding.

3. pryme_H

pryme_H Regular member

It is faster to use DVD Flick's en suite burning engine as the process is left uninterrupted. However, if you want to play it safe, never burn the resultant files immediately after encoding. Check it first make sure it's "just what the doctor had ordered."

4. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Very sound advice Mr.P!...I never liked the "auto-pilot" burning setting, not for DVD Shrink, DVD Flick or any other tool.

5. cashbondi

cashbondi Member

Thanks guys I like it!

6. 2early

2early Member

Hi everyone. I've just tried DVD Flick to convert an avi file to DVD, for burning, and the outcome wasn't good. The audio wasn't in sync with the video. Also, I tried to burn same file with Nero Vision Essentials but discovered there were no audio files to burn. I'm wondering what happened. I have Divx player also and would like to ask how do I use it to convert to DVD for burning.

Thanks