1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DvD Flick stopped loading

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by cs92563, Aug 30, 2011.

1. cs92563

cs92563 Member

I've used DvD Flick for over a year. No problems, love the program.
    Just recently, when I load it, it flashes the opening screen then goes back to desktop. When I try to start it again I get a Windows error message,

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the approprate permission to access the item."

It's not in the task manager - apps or processes. I've re-downloaded, removed, re-installed several times - no good.

Did a search in forums, found same type of problem 4 yrs old with no solution. DvD Flick website forum is down.

2. attar

attar Senior member

Try looking for the application data folder (it might be hidden under 'View' in folder options) and delete the DVD Flick folder before installing.
    For XP:
    %username%\application data\DVD flick

Failing that, you might have a Restore point you can use that predates the problem.

I don't think DVD Flick is supported now.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2011
  3. cs92563

cs92563 Member

Update:
    I had installed uTorrent a few days before trying DVD Flick. I removed uTorrent and guess what? 2 programs that had stopped working suddenly came back to life!!