1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd freezes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by mormegil, Dec 11, 2003.

1. mormegil

mormegil Member

hello, i am trying to backup all my dvd's and for some reason i am having problems doing so. not on every one i make but probably about 50% of them you'll be watching the burnt copy and the dvd will just freeze on you. some of them are pretty bad and do it like every 5-10 minutes. anybody have any idea why this is happening?

2. ash010673

ash010673 Member

Its probably bad media , do you find this happens more often towards the end of the movie ?
    Try Ritek G04 disks .

3. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Hi mormegil, Another problem could be from over compression. If its only the longer movies doing the freeze, you may have to remove the trailers and extras and do a movie only backup. Another problem seems to be stick on labels. And like stated before, poor quality media just to name a few things. Jerry

4. wejamn

wejamn Member

Jerry, you no it, its those damn labels i tell ya! When i started backing up my dvds i labeled each one and when i went to test to make sure they work...lets just say it started to get ugly. About a quarter way through the dvd started to freeze, flicker, glitch, u name it, the dvd did it. So possible if ur labeling or like Jerry said it could be bad media!

5. thevenaz

thevenaz Guest

I also experienced some freezing up of DVD-R that I burned with my DMR-R. I copied quite a few video clips which I edited ...say every 5-10 minutes...(I copied all from VCR to HDD in XP mode) after editing out all the stuff I didnt want in the video I burned the DVD-R directly from the HDD to DVD-r in FR mode (approx. 3 hrs of video clips). Sometimes the picture stops for a second or two but not all the time....someone suggested that it might only do so if you play it on another machine (different brand) but should not do so if recorded and played back on same machine....
    Rene