1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD games not working on my 64-bit

Discussion in 'Windows - Games' started by HaloSav18, Jul 28, 2007.

1. HaloSav18

HaloSav18 Member

Hay, can anyone give me some help?

I have three games that don't work on my 64-bit XP System - and what I mean is that I can install the game but when I Double-click the shortcut on the desktop or the exe file from the actual location, my computer thinks for a second then does nothing; it just won't go into the game. I have tried to keep hitting Enter on the file to get it to work but to no avail. I don't understand why but all three of these games do this and they are all DVDs. maybe the part about them being DVDs are a coincidence, but I don't know. one of the three games worked after I installed a Patch, but then one of the other games had a Patch that I installed and it still did nothing. personally I think that it has something to do with my 64-bit video drivers I have. thing is they are the only drvers I can find the work with my video card on a 64-bit system. well if anyone has advise please share.

2. CTerrian

CTerrian Member

The games aren't created with 64 bit in mind, however, you could use another 32 bit computer (like Windows XP) to loadup & patch the games. Then simply transfer to the 64 bit computer. Many have worked doing this.
    I've used the LAN, burned to CDs, and physical hard drives to move games to Windows XP 64. If any use Punkbuster, you may also get kicked, as they don't keep up with Windows 64.
    Good luck. I've since resorted back to Windows XP Pro. I've even formated over a brand new laptop that came with Vista, and installed Windows XP.