1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Green square pixel problems, voice goes out of sink

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by thestef, Jan 28, 2007.

1. thestef

thestef Guest

After I convert DivX files to VOB's and burn them to DVD's, occasionally I will encounter a slight freeze up while watching the movie, the screen goes kind of green, with green square and then every thing goes back to normal, but the voice is then out of sink.

I've had this issue with 3 movies so far that I've converted from AVI/DivX to DVD format; I've noticed they are mostly movies that last longer then 2 hours in length. I'm not sure if this problem is caused by the Media I'm using or if it is caused by the DivXtoDVD software I am using or even the Nero burning software.

Has any one encountered this type of problem?
    Thanks for the help

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

have you ran the file through g-spot? you should do this and it will show things that could cause your problems, the problem could be part media like cheep disks, multitasking,burning to fast, and the avi,dvix file could be bad,

3. thestef

thestef Guest

I think I might have figured out my own problem by reading on the forum... it looks like my problem is only happening with long movies, 2 hours or more, and toward the end of the movies. It seems that with cheep media (even if you have a name brand) if you burn to fast the burning process encounters errors.. I'm guessing this is because at this point of the burning process I'm at the outer edge or close to the outer edge of the DVD disk itself and things get very demanding on the DVD burner itself since the outer speed of the disk is turning faster then the inner part of the disk...

I'll try burning the same video file at 8x instead of 16x and see if this fixes my problem.

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

try useing verbs,fuji,or tyuden disks,also try burning slower thain 6x, also you can set the size of the disk to be burn't in shrink, you could cut the end credits off to save space