1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd help

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by user473, Sep 12, 2005.

1. user473

user473 Regular member

my dvd player wont play my backup dvds ... is there any way to make backups a dfferent way ?i use shrink then dycerpter..or can i adjust something in my dvd player?

2. J-Kwon

J-Kwon Regular member

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Teleported.

4. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

dear ppl.,when i use clone dvd 2 2.8.5.1 w any dvd 5.4.1.1 i some times get the directors comments-a friend uses the same set up as i use he never gets the directors comments is the prob in clone or any dvd?plez help its driving me crazy thx-ctritt2

5. Nephilim

ctritt2,

If you two use the exact same methods and settings with CloneDVD it could be a matter of your individual set top players. I've encountered several players that do strange things with the audio tracks when playing an otherwise perfect copy.

If you've an older player (and even with a new one) you may try adding an AUDIO_TS folder if you're not already doing so.

Have you tried swapping discs with your friend? What happens when you try to play one of his discs in your player and vice versa?

6. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

yesterday i listed my problem-when i copy a sony dvd movie-i get the director comments my friend uses the same set up on his-his copies play perfectly on mine too-just no comments,i use verbatim discs-he uses memorex-but his play well.im a novice-so what is a t s file ?im eager to learn but confused -I appreciate you guys help and ur knowledge i really enjoy learning thx charles ctritt2

7. Nephilim

The AUDIO_TS folder is part of the official DVD spec but isn't normally included since most new players don't require it on the disc but we won't worry about that right now.

Let's take this one step at a time. What happens when you play one of your friends copies in your player? Do you still get the director's commentary?

8. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

Nephilim,when i play my buddies dvd on my player they play fine w/no dir.comments.Ican make the same movie on dvd xpress and it makes perfect-i hve a second pc, my grandsons,i can make the movie on his and it makes it good w/no dir.comments.im using a lite on 16x player,again its a lot of confusion here-the last movie was robots-miramar i think ,and it copied the directors comments on mine but not my grandsaons,it also copied well w/ dvd xpress-i appreciate all your help thx again ctritt2

9. Nephilim

Apologies for taking so long to get back you.

Have you tried, as an experiment, deleting the director's commentary just to see what happens? Do you get the normal audio track or no audio at all?

10. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

Nephilim, I have tried removing the dir,comments,but to no avail.What's weird id tjat most movies i hve no prob with,but these sony which owns Columbia pictures now,but also the last one i copied last week -robots-its owned by miramax studios-it also copied the dir.comments-i hve dvdxpress on the same pc also and it made good copies of the 1's i had trouble with.i thot it was w/anydvd but not sure ,I uninstalled clone and tried an older version,but it copied the dir.comments too.I'd just like to find out about this problem&I really appreciate your help-im open to any ideas or other help u mite have -thx alot -ctritt2

11. Nephilim

Hmmmmm.

Is AnyDVD up to date? It's up to version 5.4.4.1 I believe.

You said you reinstalled CloneDVD but what about AnyDVD, did you reinstall that as well?

12. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

w/clone dvd 2.8.4.1-i got seperated while writing this.-sorry,im very new at this ,but do appreciate your knowledge and in put,rigt now im using clone 2.8.5.1 and anydvd 5.4.4.1 and still get the dir.comments.Do u think its in the clone or the anydvd,or just my pc,ive checked my settings and tried all i know to do.Keep up your good work and thx. ctritt2

13. Nephilim

Well this is turning out to be a real interesting problem. What are some of the movie titles that're giving you problems? I may have one or two of them to try for myself and see what happens for me. If I can get one to work I can try to post some screenshots of the exact settings I used so we can make sure that we're both using the same settings.

14. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

O K,the last movies was ROBOT-the ones before was triplexxx-and ALOT LIKE LOVE-they were all sony movies except robot -listen i really appreciate your help in this matter.-My grandson's pc in the next room it does good w/ the same set up i run,but im going to compare all of his installed progs w mine,there has to b some conflict somewhere,of course if I find something ill let u know too-BTW i remember reading about this problem lik one time bfore-maybe on AfterDawn or C D Freaks T Y Nephilim.

15. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

Nephilim,i rented 2 dvd.s-The Interpreter and Fever Pitch,the first one copied just fine but Fever Pitch-picked up the directors comments-i used 7 discs trying various settings but all of them picked up the dir.comments although i unchecked the directors comments box.I've uninstalled 14 progs.,to no avail i also uninstalled anydvd 5.4.4.1 and clone dvd 2.8.5.1.i reinstalled them and rebooted after install on each-Im going to try uninstalling a few more progs.,if that doesn't work ill reformat from scratch-add N I S 2005 ,then clone and any dvd and add my progs one at a timeto see if i can isolate the problem-it's aggrivating more than anything else-b/c i can use dvd express on this pc or go into grandson's room and use the clone and anydvdon his pc.I still appreciate ur helpthx again-- c tritt 2

16. Nephilim

Did you unselect it from both the 'Stream preferences' panel on the right and the 'Title stream configuration' panel on the left? I'm sure you did but I'm just making sure :)

17. ctritt2

ctritt2 Guest

NO,i only unchecked it once in the panel on right-i didn't see a directos comment box on or in left panel,damn i hope its gonna b that simple -after i uncheck the dir.comments box its gone for nex copy- iguess its changes the format but all that is over my head-ill re rent it and try again -maybe i did overlook it but went through each stepvery carefully-ill get baxk w you ASAP ty again c tritt2