1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD hesitation at the end of movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Kurt301, May 20, 2004.

1. Kurt301

Kurt301 Member

I am using Imation dvd+r, Lite-On external writer. DVD decrypter and DVD shrink. I am setting the shrinker to 4360 as suggested but most of them that run close to this hesitate on the last few minutes of play. do I need to set this lower or is it the media I am using or what.

Thank You for all the responses I appreciate it greatly

2. Kurt301

Kurt301 Member

I should also add that this does not happen usually when I author my own DVD's and burn only video instead of the whole DVD back-up. that is why I was wandering if setting at 4360 was the right thing to do or is it crowding the DVD.

3. Motomatt

Motomatt Regular member

It is most definatly a media issue.. Cheap disks dont read well near the outside edge.. I havent had any luck with Imation disks. Ritech and verbatims are nice.. Give them a try

Matt

4. roberson

roberson Guest

This problem is mostly caused by cheap media disks.
    Try branded Ritex G04 media and I believe your problem will go away. roberson

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

If you have cheap media to use up , the temporary fix is to reduce filesize to as low as around 4Gb & burn at a slower speed.

But it is a media issue by the sounds of it & Ritek or Verbatim [as usual] are your best options from now on...

;-)