1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD im trying to burn is too big

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Simonpar2, Dec 18, 2004.

1. Simonpar2

Simonpar2 Guest

I am trying to back up my seinfeld dvd and each dvd is about 6 gb, is there away i can burn this onto a disk,

2. bardie

bardie Regular member

Use DVD Decrypter to rip the movie to the harddrive,then use DVD Shrink to compress the movie from the harddrive and then use Nero to burn it,or whatever burning software you have and, presto!!
    Good luck,
    Pete

3. pulsar

pulsar Active member

Or you can compress with dvd shrink & burn with nero. I have never needed decryptor yet.
    If you enable "burn with nero" in shrink config it will do it all for you from start to finish. Shouldn't take much longer than 25-30mins to read & 15 or so mins to burn.

4. brobear

brobear Guest

http://www.nero.com is the site to get the Nero Ultra 6.6. Free 30 day trials with unlimited downloads; renewable with new downloads around the end of each month. Nero is the default burner for Shrink. If you load Shrink and Nero, Shrink is already set to burn automatically with the Nero Burning ROM.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2004
  5. bardie

bardie Regular member

The reason I use DVD Decrypter first is that it puts the contents of the dvd on your harddrive in an uncompressed state, then you can use DVD Shrink just to extract the main title, which will be less compressed, as if you use DVD Shrink first it compress's the entire contents of the disc, so therefor compression will be higher if you know what I mean.
    I think I got thatt right....lol

6. brobear

brobear Guest

LOL obviously you need to learn how the program works. Shrink will decrypt and write a DVD to the hard drive without compression. Shrink can also do a movie with menu only if you know how to use the compression settings and the new still image for editing. Using Reauthor in Shrink, one can selecti the main title only and there is no more compression with this method than doing the same from files on the hard drive. Either the manuals haven't been read or someone has been jerking you around. Take a look at the interactive manuals at http://www.dvdshrink.info . They'll give you a good virtual tour of Shrink. The new 3.2 has quality features and the still image feature which aren't mentioned in the older manuals. LOL