1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD keeps freezing!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by LMH16, Mar 11, 2007.

1. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Hi,

I have just burned a backup copy of Superman Returns and Poseidon on a DVD-R, on Superman Returns it plays for around 1hr and 15 minutes and freezes totally and Poseidon keeps skipping and freezing around every 20 seconds, they are both burned at 1x as the disc can't go any faster as they are just some cheap no brand disc. Now is the problem because of the disc or is it something else. If it is the disc I can't understand why as I have few now that have worked perfectly with them. Is it also because of the Superman Returns being around 8GB and sometimes freezes up my PC as well although Poseidon plays fine on my PC. This has also not worked on my copy of Over The Hedge, in which the film plays fine but the menus and extras are jumping as well.

Thank You for your help.

2. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Sorry, I forgot to mention that on both discs I used DVD Shrink and then used Nero to burn them.

Thank You

3. rulisky

rulisky Regular member

"they are both burned at 1x as the disc can't go any faster as they are just some cheap no brand disc"

First, get some good media; ie. Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim.

Second, check for any updates to the firmware on your burner.

Third, burn at half the rated speed of the disk; ie. 4x on 8x media. Burning too slow can be as bad as too fast.

Post back results - you should see significant improvements.