1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD keeps pausing/stalling.

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by PumaFoot, Jun 30, 2007.

1. PumaFoot

PumaFoot Member

Long story short: I use Nero, "Copy Entire DVD-Video" to import/burn backup DVDs, and everything goes wonderful. Nice picture, nice sound, there's just one problem. They all pause/stall in random parts for 2-3 seconds, then continue where they were. Not a HUGE deal, but can get annoying. Can anybody shed some light on this issue?

SONY DVD RW DRU-830A
    MEMOREX DVD+R

Thanks in advance for any help!

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Hi PumaFoot
    1st update the firmware of the drive if it's not up to date. The latest is SS25.

What speed are you burning at? Burn at half the rated speed.

Memorex uses different manufacturers - some not all the good. That could be the main problem. So switch the media to some better stuff like Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim or made in Japan Sony, Fuji or Maxell.

You can check who made those Memorex's and what version of firmware you have too in Nero.
    Pop a blank in the drive go to Tools (ToolKit in Nero 6) >InfoTool.
    The disc tab will give you the manufacturer - the drive tab has a field that lists the current firmware version.

3. PumaFoot

PumaFoot Member

Thank you for your response. Turns out, I did have an older firmware.

I'm going to BestBuy right now and buying some Verbatim DVDs.

One last question: (Might sound dumb) How do I change the burning speed in Nero? :(

4. binkie7

Not a problem PumaFoot

To change the burn speed in Nero if you're using Burning Rom when you click the dvd copy option click on the burn tab - you can change it in the drop down next to write speed.
    In Express (Nero 7 at least) it's a little hidden. When you get to the last screen - final burn settings - look to the left and you'll see like a little arrow. Click on that and it will expand the screen. You can change the write speed there.

5. PumaFoot

PumaFoot Member

Well, I just bought some Verbatim DVDs from BestBuy. (URGGH!! I hate that place)

We'll see how it works! Thank you for your help! I'll update!

6. binkie7

Yeah I feel the same way about Best Buy though I still shop there :)

I'll also buy a lot of my media online too. Check out supermediastore. I get Taiyo Yudens there. They'll be having good sales over the next week for 4th of July.