1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Lab... "Compiler Error"

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by farhank, Jul 27, 2005.

1. farhank

farhank Member

hi!
    im converting 3 avi files into dvd so that i can watch em' on my Toshiba dvd player. I use DVD-Lab Pro.

I click on "Compile DVD..."
    And then click on "Start".
    Compiler error pops up.

to help u better understand the problem, i took a screenshot of it. please go to ( http://www.geocities.com/dvdlab_errors )

this is the first time this is happening.
    how do i fix it?
    i dont even understand what its saying!

2. farhank

farhank Member

i kinda updated the webpage with a few AVIcodec screenshots of the 3 avi files. check it out...thanx..

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

What are you useing to Encode your AVI Files to Mpeg-2 before authorinmg them to DVD with DVDLab?? And are you sure that you have encoded the AVI files to Mpeg-2 useing the Correct Settings???

Information on the AVI files will not help here because the Files you are authoring to DVD aren"t AVI files they are Mpeg-2 files Unless you are Trying to Author your AVI files to DVD without encodeing them to Mpeg-2 first in which case that is what your problem is.....

Cheers

4. farhank

farhank Member

well heres what i do.

I have the avi files, i use DIKO Free 0.78B1 to convert them to .mpv (video) and .mp2 (audio) files.

I then take those files and use DVD-Lab Pro to compile the those in a dvd format. when i do this, i end up with AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS and the dvd files.

Then i use DVD Shrink 3.2 to burn these dvd files on a dvd disc.

Then i can watch the dvd on my toshiba dvd player.

this is what i do, works like a charm. but i dont know what happend this time.

thanx

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Mybe Just start the DVDLab project over again and see if it works but if not then Maybe try useing a Different Encoder to create your Mpeg-2 files Like Maybe Tmpgenc or CCE ect....

Cheers

6. farhank

farhank Member

u mean to say that instead of using DIKO, i use TMPGEnc or CCE?

7. farhank

farhank Member

hey Minion, i got an interesting update for ya. u see, when i was trying the compile the dvd with all the 3 avi files together, i was getting that error.

through AVIcodec, i noticed the "movie 1" (see the screenshots) has slightly diffrent properties then the other 2 files. so i tried compiling the dvd (using dvd-lab) without putting movie 1 in it. and it worked like it usually does. so i guess now we know that the problem is only with movie 1.

i just need help making that 1 file work properly. or convert that 1 file to a dvd format and burn it so that i can watch it on my toshiba player.

8. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if it is Just that One File then you just need to re-encode that AVI file to Mpeg-2 useing the same settings you used with the other files.....Cheers

9. farhank

farhank Member

alright thanx. if i got any more questions.. i'll come back here

10. farhank

farhank Member

well actually i did use the same exact settings. but dont know y the compiler error happend.

11. Balint19

Balint19 Member

Hi. I may know the solution. If you click on Compile DVD there must be a lot of problems. When I created my first dvd (last saturday) i encountered the same problem, because i had not take notice of the errors: these were: I used both NTSC and PAL videos in an NTSC project (this is 2 errors). The first video was 720*576, the second too, but the third and some other were 480*320. I have big problem. I'd like to play the soundtracks in the menu, but dont know how to do it. I put the subtitles below the audio stream of movie 1, but it was not good. And here another problem was: the first audio stream was ac3, and the others were wav. So anyone has a solution?

12. Minion

Minion Senior member

Which Problem do you want a Solution To??

Well you can Not Mix Pal and NTSC Video on the Same DVD and you can Not Mix 2 Different resolution files to a Standard DVD and 480+320 isn"t even DVD Compliant for Pal Nor NTSC so you are going to have to convert these Files to the same Resolution and DVD standard before you can Go any further....

Also why do you need 3 audio tracks in a Single File?? also they Should all be the same Format for Compatibility sake....

To add audio to a Menu you simply drag and Drop it on the Menu window......

I think you should First concentrate on getting all of your Files in the Same Resolution and DVD Standard.....

13. Ashendon

Ashendon Guest

I get this same compiler.aux error in microsoft visual c++. All of my files have been converted the same way as I always do with cce and both files have the same resolution, ntsc, audio bitrate, and everything is fine but now after dozens of discs made this error occurs.

14. gkarlos

gkarlos Guest

Hello everybody. (1st of all, sorry for any 'mistake' I could make writing in English - I'm not a very good english speaker/writer)

I also had this problem and tried almost everything, then I think I found the solution.
    My tests were with 3 separate .AVI (from Star Trek Enterprise 4 season, chapters 4,5 and 6 I downloaded from Shareaza).
    First I've tried to convert the AVI to MPeg one by one, using the good WinAVI Video Converter and VobEdit to demux.
    I've received some warnings in DVDLab Pro that some GOP's weren't closed (not a big deal).
    Then the message 'runtime error' apears when almost done. Nothing more than 9 VOB files (where the last 2 were completely blank).
    After few hours I've then realized that could be something about subtitles (2 for each movie - Portuguese and English)... Nothing!
    Same problem!
    I've tried also Tools/Rewrite GOP timecode -.... Nothing again!
    (In the middle I tried to use Sony DVD Architect which is very good but not for this kind - is very confuse and do not import subtitles very well - So I went back to DVDLab Pro)

After thinking a little bit more, I run the WinAVI Converter and selected all three files and select to convert to DVD.
    The program also generated the same VOB as the first time, but as a FULL DVD. Then I've run again VobEdit, generated the m2v and ac3 files, loaded into DVDLab, imported the subtitles and 'voilá' - The project compiled smooth (took about 10 minutes in a dual xeon 2.2 with RAID 0 - As I've read the most important is not the CPU but the HDs performance).

I hope this can help someone 'cause I saw a lot of postings on the web with the same question: How to solve 'runtime error compile.aux using DVDLab Pro)
    In time: I think DVDLab Pro is the best program - easy to use and you can create a complete DVD in few minutes

15. Minion

Minion Senior member

Instead of Useing WinAVI to encode to a Bunch of VOB files you should have just encoded to a Single Mpeg-2 file which would have made things a Lot easier when useing DVDLab as you wouldn"t have to work with a Bunch of seperate VOB files.....

16. gkarlos

gkarlos Guest

Hi Minion, I do not disagree with you, but there is something I didn't explain: The AVI files couldn't be read by the programs I have. They only be read by Nero or WinAVI (also can be played with Media Player). TMPGEnc DVD Creator or TMPGEnc MPEG didn't!

Btw, thanks for your comment.

Do you have any suggestion of how to read the .AVI without expend hours converting?

I mentioned about VobEdit but it's also possible to use the DVDLab to import and translate (as very well explained on 'The Complete Beginners Guide to DVDLab in this forum)

Also, I made some additional tests and it seems that if you put more than 1 VTS (2 or 3 movies) WITHOUT using VMG Menu the 'runtime error' message appear.

17. Minion

Minion Senior member

What I was saying is that WinAVI which you say Can read your AVI files can also Convert to Mpeg-2 as well as VOB and converting to a Mpeg-2 file would be less of a Hassle than trying to load a Bunch of VOB files into DVDLab.....

Cheers

PS: I don"t understand what you mean by "Do you have any suggestion of how to read the .AVI without expend hours converting?" ???

18. gkarlos

gkarlos Guest

Well, Minion, actually, my mistake!

This is what happens when you try to do a lot of things at same time! (I'm coding a system in linux environment while making DVD's and reading forums in Windows... and writing both (portuguese and english)... I'm not 26 anymore, I can't handle so many tasks) :)

Sorry for that sentence that makes no sense!

You're completely right! Of course it's possible to convert directly to MPeg2... and use DVDLab to get the sound as AC3, right?

19. Minion

Minion Senior member

You can Get the Sound as AC3 useing DVDLab if you have the Tmpgenc AC3 Plugin Installed But I Presonally do my Dolby AC3 encodeing in Vegas Video 6 because it Supports creating Dolby 5.1 audio files Pluss you can use it to clean up Bad sounding audio and boost the Volume ect......

Cheers

20. gkarlos

gkarlos Guest

Is anybody knows how to make a DVD using some AVI files (640x352) without get those anoying rectangles where would be black? As I understand the black (distortions) are caused because of stretching to resized to a upper resolution.

Is there a software that can convert correctly to mpeg 720x480 but not resizing the video (by inserting left/top/right and bottom bars to fill the difference?)

I've already see a DVD made with AVI that plays almost perfectly in DVD Players.

Thanks guys