1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Lab Pro Audio Output Problems

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by nzjacob, Apr 3, 2005.

1. nzjacob

nzjacob Member

Hi everyone, had a look around the forums and the net, but this ones confussing the hell out of me.

My best mate got married last year, and I offered to take all the DV cam footage from the wedding and build a little DVD for his family.

I brought all the footage into Sony Vegas, and did the editing etc. I then use Canopus to convert to PAL MPG2 with 224kbs MPG2 Audio. I have done this a million time (well . . . baybee 100) and no problems. Drop the output into TMPG DVD Author and it encodes sweet. Burn it and it plays back even better.

For this porject, I decided to go the whole 9 yards, and purchased DVD LAB Pro. I have created the project fine, DVD Lab brings in all the elements fine, and even compiles fine. I did demux my inputs to *.mpv and *.mpa - maybee that was wrong ?

The resulting output plays 100% on my PC, but not on my standalone players. I have noticed that the Audio tracks on the compiled DVD are all LPCM 224k - when my inpt was MPG2 224K.

Am I missing a setting in DVD Lab to leave the audio as MPG2 ?

I have checked, and the audio should all be DVD complient. I loaded one of the Canopus outputs into TMPGENC DVD Authour and it created a simple DVD fine.

I am pretty new to DVD LAB, and I have searched around for an answer, but it elludes me thus far. I havn't tried converting the *.mpa files that DVD Lab created when it inputted the canopus output yet, but I dont see why I would have to.

Any and all help appreciated.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

DLP is reading the audio files wrong. Probably something to do with the header output by Canopus.
    Never had it happen to me though...
    Everything should be AC3 anyhow, not mp2, lpcm, or whatever.
    Ffmpeggui can do this, (free).