1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-Lab

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by harpert, Feb 2, 2005.

1. harpert

harpert Member

I'm having trouble chapters on Sylvania and Sony players. I will hear audio, but no video when a chapter is clicked on. A potential client noticed a similar problem on her Sylvania. Oscar from MediaChance said it might have to do with frame indexing. I didn't read about it in the Quick Tutorial that came with my software and am quite upset it wasn't in there. I am having problems with Toshibas too. The DVDs I produce play back fine on Panasonic and Zenith DVD players. I understand there are many factors that could be causing the problem. I am using Fuji DVD-R (the format is not the issue). I am authoring using DVD-Lab 1.3.1 and burning DVDs using the latest version of Nero Express. Will frame indexing resolve my chapter problem? Thanks for any help.

Tom H.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Try it and see. Use DVDRW to test, so you don't make another coaster.
    Frame indexing is available when you click on Compile Project. You'll see it on the compile options screen.

3. harpert

harpert Member

I created a frame indexed DVD using DVD-Lab on a video I had revised two weeks ago and luckily had saved the files DVD-Lab needed. Before I compiled, I ran the Frame Index option first followed by the compile routine. I burned the DVD using Nero Express and tried it on a Sony here in my building and the chapters worked! I mentioned this to someone here and he told me that may not have been the same exact Sony DVD player I originally tried using two months ago when the chapters didn't play back properly at that time. The sales guys let me check out a DVD I brought into the store that I created (without frame indexing) The Sonys, Sylvanias and I believe the Phillips DVD players had a problem (mostly the DVD players built into TVs) with chapter playback (could here audio but saw no video when I clicked on a chapter). Looks like I'll have to go to the local Best Buy and try this new disk out to see if frame indexing solved my chapter playback problem. Thanks for the advice

Tom H.