1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD LABELLING

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by beachy, Oct 7, 2003.

1. beachy

beachy Member

Ihave finally got the burn process right by usind dvd decrypt, the dvd shrink and burn using edit tool 1.0.0.9 and the movies play fine but if I stick a label like cd stomper on to the disk it either does not play, stops or jumps around. I am using princo disks with a white backing burning on a pioneer dvd ao5 -r burner. any suggestions about the labels would be great

the beachman

2. malum

malum Regular member

Don't use them

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

don't do it. You can direct print but don't use labels. While you are taking suggestions--dont use princos

Last edited: Oct 7, 2003
  4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I've read that stick-on labels aren't a good idea because they can unbalance the disc as it spins and therefore cause problems.

5. malum

malum Regular member

ones that don't stick on aren't much good either

6. nuklehead

nuklehead Member

hmmmm....strange. I put labels on all my dvd-r's and have had no problems. I also use Princo, and a Pioneer A04. Hopefully my luck keeps up.

7. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

if you hold a dvd up to the light, you can see through it. Labels make it so you cant see through it and most likely disrupt the reading process.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Buy a £1 labelling pen and save yourself a lot of hassle. You have the original anyway, so whats the big deal ;-D

9. Emper0r

Emper0r Member

So far, I'm at 342 back-ups; all labeled; all play fine. I use Ritek and shop4tech media, and they work on all five of my dvd players.

10. malum

malum Regular member

So far I've done 57 sit-ups and my stomach is like a washboard

11. DMW

DMW Regular member

12. venprods

venprods Member

I made couple hundreds DVD with the inkjet labels and did not have any problem. Can some one ask the blank media producer about it ?

13. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Labels are bad m'kay !! (my 2p's worth)

14. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Malum, i know the feeling. Im training with Queens University Belfast Soccer club and its killing me (apart from my shin splints and ligament damage). A typical training session is this:

10 laps of pitch. 1 lap slow jog, 1 lap fast jog, 1.5 lap run, .5 lap fast run. Do that twice and then finish with a medium run 2 lap jog.

Next we do 10 minutes of stretches and fast jogging on the spot. Included in this is 5 sets of 30 sit-ups (done at pace) 5 sets of 15 press-ups (down at pace).

Next we do ball control - keeping the ball up for 5 kicks and then passing it (4 in a group). If you dont manage to get to 50 without the ball touching the ground (each person out of the 4 is only allowed 5 touches at a go) you have to drop down and do 15 press-ups and then attempt it again. the worst thing is when you have someone that cant do them in your group.

After that we play with 6 people inside a grid. 4 are in a team against 2 defenders. We have to pass the ball in order (we are allocated numbers 1 to 4) while only taking two touches of the ball. If you take 3 touches, you drop down and do 10 press-ups. If you lose the ball you drop down and do 10 press-ups. If the defenders dont intercept after every circulation of the 4 players, they drop down and do 10 press-ups. This lasts for about 15mins.

We then do one of the worst things. We do 8 sets of running the full length of the pitch and then the width of the pitch. You have to do it within 25 seconds. You get 1min 30 seconds rest and do it again, 8 times.

We then play a 15min each half 8 a side match.

Believe me after that, all you want to do is crawl up and sleep for a year. We do a 10min warm down which is like hell anyway cuz you are so wrecked. Then we get to go home.

We do this 3 nights a week and play a full 90min match against other football teams in the Amateur League. Last year our team won the International University Cup in Rome. Its a good side. I hope to get a regular start in the side, but at the minute i am injured with shin splints and legiment damage.

Anyway, sorry for going off topic. My advice is to never use labels on DVD's. One or two people may think its fine, but generally its not a good idea._X_X_X_X_X_[small]For DVD Back up info: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk
    http://www.dvd-backup.tk
    For User Guides/Downloads: http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/user_guides.htm
    [​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2003
  15. malum

malum Regular member

That's why I don't play football

16. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Same here : )

17. Rotary

Rotary Senior member

hi all

yes- mouse/chair robics for me!

thx

18. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Last edited: Oct 10, 2003
  19. Discmania

Discmania Active member

I use labels with inkjet printer with no problems whatever. Try using Neato brand, not CD Stomper and make sure the labels are centred correctly.

20. koola

koola Guest

OMG: Afterdawn Rovers, hehe

Why print when you can use your trusty wond (e.g. PEN)