1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD looks like a mess of color when played on tv; fine when on pc

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by selkie3, Oct 31, 2007.

1. selkie3

selkie3 Member

Hi,

I've been trying to author a dvd from an old vhs tape. I captured the video to my pc using a canopus card; converted it to E+S mpeg1 with tmpgenc; created a menu with vcdmenulite; authored the dvd with dvdauthorgui and finally burnt the iso with cdburnerxp.. My problem is that while the dvd looks and plays fine on my pc, it looks like a mess of color on my tv. I mean, the menu looks fine - but actually playing one of the chapters makes everything messed up.

Now, I've tried burning dvds with both interlaced and deinterlaced sources - I thought that might be the problem, but its the same either way. Is this a problem a with my dvd? Am I messing up the settings somehow?

Note that this is NOT a PAL/NTSC issue. My sources are PAL, I'm authoring in dvdauthorgui as PAL, my TV and DVD are both PAL, and I'm resizing the video to 360x288 - PAL half dv.

Many thanks for any and all help :)

2. MysticE

MysticE Active member

Why mpeg1 and 360x288 - PAL half dv? Why not standard mpeg2 and full resolution?