1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD loop

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Scutter, Mar 17, 2005.

1. Scutter

Scutter Member

How can I set up a dvd so that it has no menus, has just one movie that will keep looping ?

I'm using DVD-lab SE, nero and TPMG

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

what source are we dealing with(DVD,AVI,etc..)? Are you wanting the file(video) to loop over and over on the disc itself or when you play it in the DVD player?

3. Scutter

Scutter Member

Its a DVD file VOB, I want it to loop when played on the DVD player.

4. colw

colw Active member

Try pressing the loop icon on your remote

5. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I think you'd have to use a PGC editor to give your player instructions on what to do after the movie is over. But as colw stated, your player probably has a loop button. You could use dvd shrink to burn the movie in reauthor mode, which cuts out all the menu stuff, then just use your player's loop feature.

If your player doesn't have a looping feature, you'd have to use some sort of PGC editor. I'm sure there's a free one out there. Should be pretty simple. VOB blanker might do it for you. I'll look when I have some extra time.

6. sadsac

sadsac Guest

There's a link on this website under the "software" tab above to a program called PgcEdit. This will do what you're asking (if your player doesn't have a looping feature). Should be easy to do.

I think I know what you're wanting to do because I would like to do it also: Our baby likes to watch kids movies. Most of them only last 30 minutes. It would be nice to just pop in the dvd and have it continuously play without having to use the remote over and over again and without switching disks time and time again. I may do this with some of her movies we bought. Good idea! Hadn't really thought about it until now. I usually have to put in the movie, then wait for the splash screens, push buttons on the remote control, and find the "continuous play" feature on the menu. By the time I do all this, she's lost interest.

I'm going to work on this in a little while. Let me know if this works for you. If you can't get it to work, I'll let you know what I come up with.

This is a great idea and a good project for me to start. I will also be able to fit several of her movies on one disk, so she won't get bored with the one that's looping. Then when 2 or 3 have played, I can loop back to the first one.

Thanks for the idea!

Oh. You're probably thinking: "Great parenting, dead beat!"

I'm not saying she sits in front of the TV all day and watches movies. She goes from thing to thing, at times, watching the DVDs. Most of the time, she's not even watching them. But when she loses interest in me and all her other toys, she will sometimes regain interest in the DVD that's playing. I keep the DVD player running most of the day for that reason alone. It's kind of like background music. And they're educational.

Didn't want to give the wrong impression!

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Hint: the button on your remote for your DVD player will probably say [bold]repeat[/bold] Look in your darn manual!! LOL

8. arniebear

arniebear Active member

My grandkids watch same dvd over and over at home and my daughter uses repeat button DVD player.

9. dvdripdvd

dvdripdvd Regular member

whats the point of having an auto loop on the dvd itself. are you that lazy to pick the remote and press repeat?

10. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Really LOL @dvdripdvd

LOL :)

11. Scutter

Scutter Member

I'm not lazy, my clients are lazy :)
    Sadsac good luck with it, I'll see if I can come up with anything, I know in DVDlab you can have movies in the menu's background looping over and over, so there should be a way to do the whole movie.

12. sadsac

sadsac Guest

I am about a lazy assed mother f****r!

13. sadsac

sadsac Guest

And I'm not so sure my DVD player has a repeat. I opted for the old Circuit City ESA house brand special. An All-4-One remote control won't run it because it's such an OFF brand.

E(Easy), S(Simple), A(Affordable).

I'd like to add a few more letters to that acronym.

P(Piece), O(Of), S(Shit).

Honestly, it's provided pretty good service for the $25 I paid for it, so I can't knock it too much.