1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD loops in the middle, replays chapters and then continues

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zoeyinCA, Sep 11, 2003.

1. zoeyinCA

zoeyinCA Member

Hi. I have a problem which is appearing on all copies of a movie. In the middle of one section it cuts off the scene, goes back to three chapters before it, and replays from there. This only happens when the "play" command is entered, not when you select start from individual chapters. This has happened on all dvds (same movie, same company masterd them) I've seen, on two different players. I need some help with evidence that this is NOT a player problem, and not a media problem, but a problem with the person who mastered it. Can anyone help me?

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Use DVD Shrink, piece it back together, and re-burn?

Can you ask the person who did this to re-do it?

3. zoeyinCA

zoeyinCA Member

We have over 1000 of these dvds in stock and they are for resale. I don't know what equipment was used - but the company who mastered it then produced the dvds told us that the problem was caused from the poor quality case we packaged our dvds in, which caused scratching. I'm inclined not to believe him because the same loop happens in the same spot on every dvd. We have an additional problem of some dvd's freezing and jumping (that is likely due to poor quality disks and/or scratches and/or players.) I am curious if there is some way I can view all the parts of the dvd and see how it was put together. I'm thinking they put it together out of order - say like track 1, 2,3,4,2,3,4,5. Something isn't right. Am I right in my understanding of how a dvd movie is formatted?