1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Menu Creation - Can it be done?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bigdavid, Mar 10, 2005.

1. bigdavid

bigdavid Member

I am using DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter and I was wondering if there was another free program (or low priced) that can be used in with these 2 programs to create DVD menus - e.g. I have would like to squeeze all three Star Wars films onto one DVD and be able to select which film I would like to watch from a main menu. I have seen this done with a DVD I have with all 5 Rocky films on it where when you load it up you get a nice main menu with the choice to select which film you want to watch.

Is it possible to create your own DVD menus?

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

It can be done but I hope you are doing this on a DVD9 (dual layer disk) and even then quality is going to be questionable. If you must have the menus then NVE (Nero Vision Express) would be a good way to go. It's not free but has a 30 day trial period. If you just want to combine them without the menus you could use Shrink for that.. No real need for menus because you can go from one movie to the next by hitting "Title" on your DVD remote control. I have guides for all this at my website if you need a little help (link in sig) If you are doing this onto a DVD5 (single layer) disk I would highly discourage combining 3 movies together. I have combined 2 together like the Toy Story's with gret success, but 3 I doubt they would play very good. If however it is a DVD9 disk then it should work alright. The 2 guides at my site you may want to check out are "Join 2 movies with Shrink" and "Using NVE to create DVD movie"

3. bigdavid

bigdavid Member

Thanks thats a great help! One more thing - can you recommend a good (hopefully free!) program to create DivX files from movie files I have ripped using DVD Shrink? I have never worked with DivX before but have heard its a good format to work with.