1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Menus

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Finman, Jun 9, 2003.

1. Finman

Finman Guest

I have lurked around the boards for a few weeks now looking for my answer, I have seen the question asked before but never fully answered. So here goes...I am trying to get the menus on my ripped DVD's.

I use DVD Decrypter to rip the DVD into file format.

I use Shrink to cut out all the extras that I am not concerned with, and I am fine up to that point. There is a check box on the version of Shrink that I am using that says "Include Menus" or something to that nature, and I leave that checked, and continue on from there.

I put the file to an .ISO image, and then burn with DVD Decrypter and the movie works like a champ, but never the menus...what step am I missing? I have only burned a few movies but would like to get it right before I continue.

Thank you in advance for your help and suggestions.

2. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Dvd shrink decrypts the dvd for you. No need to use dvd decrypter.

Just click on the re-encode button (instead of re-author) for the entire disc. Should be able to fit the entire disc-menus and all- onto one disc, unless it has a lot of extras and stuff.

3. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

But Tosca, he (I assume he) wants to remove some of the bonus features, and keep only what he wants. I haven't tried the new DVDdecrypter yet, but can you do that with version 2?

4. Discmania

Discmania Active member

If you chop out some of the extras then that makes the menu redundant and if you see the note where you tick the box for 'include menu' there is a note that says it may not work properly and of course it won't. You can only keep a working menu if you copy the entire disc contents

5. Finman

Finman Guest

Thank you all for your replies, suggestions. Guess I will just leave it as they are, the menues are not that important.

Thank you

6. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

You can keep a movie working properly without copying all of the menus. The new Pinnacle Studio 8 allows you to choose various different option when backing up. Try the trial version of it.

I do love it when a movie comes with an extra disc with the features on it. Makes it so much easier.

7. scottvf

scottvf Guest

You can use TMPGEnc DVD Author after you rip the dvd. You can create your own menus and keep what extras you want.