1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Movies

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Marc1900, Jun 25, 2004.

1. Marc1900

Marc1900 Guest

I just want to know if someone knows of a software that do a dvd by recording both layer like the dvd that you buy I have record movies using my ATI card and (Ulead DVD Facory 2) and I have no problem but I was wondering if a software was recording on bothe layer.

Thaks for any Info

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i think the newest version of nero can do it. You need a dual layer burner first though.

3. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi there mark2000, Welcome to our little corner of the web -

As you're probably aware, software isn't the problem, all you need to do is put more material on the disc - it's the hardware you need. You don't need a program to write to dual layer, it's like a larger disc, you just put more on to it :D)

If something were needed it would take a couple of hours for a programmer to knock out something BUT as I said it's a hardware thingie -

Actually, you arrived just in time - the dual burners were released the end of May and run about $200. 00 (USD)

http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...VDBurn_DVDBurners&ProductSKU=DRU700A&Dept=cpu

Media for the dual was released early in June. It is a bit expensive, several $$$$ a disc but will drop in time -

Now when you backup a DVD it's a perfect 1:1 copy. You might want to hang in there for awhile, pretty soon we're expecting a firmware hack that will allow the pioneer 107 to burn dual also :).

Now it's possible to put many movies on a single dual layered DVD. I'm guessing somewhere about in the 8 to 10 hours worth of viewing pleasure - is that kool or what ?

Save your pennies, things are happening :)

Cheers,

Sea Yaaaaaaaaaaa,

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– X[/small]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2004
  4. kbm

kbm Guest

ScubaPete
    Do you think there will be a Firmware Hack for the Plextor 712A to allow Dual Layer Burning.

5. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

The reason I mentioned the Pioneer is because of its popularity and all the other Hack stuff they have had so far (and because I have one, I praying also, Lol).

Plextor is extremely popular and much work has been done in the past on Plextor also Sooooo, the possibility is there, we can only wait and see -

The lasers on both are plenty hot enough to do the job so we're only in need of the software

:)

Pete

_X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    The “old man” Pete (ö¿ô)
    Compaq 8000, Pent 4 CPU 2.84GHz, 1024MB RAM, 520GB HD.
    4 Drives, JLMS DVD ROM, Pioneer 107, 8X R/W , Nec 4X R/W ND-1300A, AXV CD/DVD-ROM.
    GeForce4 Ti 4200-128MB, OS– X[/small]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2004