1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd music-----> cd (for car cd player)

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Xboxboy, Nov 26, 2003.

1. Xboxboy

Xboxboy Member

Hi guys,

I got some dvd music at home and i want to listen to it on my car cd player, can someone in here able to help????

2. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

DVD-V (video) or DVD-A (audio only)?

3. Xboxboy

Xboxboy Member

i want use dvd (video) as well as dvd (music)!

Cheers :)

4. chthomson

chthomson Regular member

Most car CD players play cds not DVDs. There are a number of car DVD players in todays market. The cheapest stand alone all in one unit is about $2,000 Canadian. Kenwood even has a Dolby 5.1 unit for your car. Home theatre on wheels is the next new frontier.

5. tigre

tigre Moderator Staff Member

I guess you're not talking about DVD-A (high resolution format for audio only without video, special players needed for playback, disussed here in high resolution audio forum: http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/90
    DVD-A can be "ripped" at resolution <= 16bit/48kHz using a DVD-A capable player -> digital out -> soundcard's digital in -> recording software.

For DVD-V use smartripper and extract audio stream to seperate file. If it's 2 channel LPCM you need to resample to 44.1kHz for burning on CD. Best free programs for this:
    SSRC (standalone commandline resampling program)
    foobar2000 (high quality audio player with diskwriter and some more features you might want to use like replaygain or dynamic compression / limiting)

If the audio stream is something else, e.g. AC3, use BeSweet for decoding to .wav (and resampling). There might be other possibilities you'll find in Video related forums (-> search function). (You can also resample and apply replaygain/dynamic compression later using foobar2000)

If the audio stream is high resolution (24/96) you need "LPCM 24bit processor", available at http://www.rarewares.hydrogenaudio.org/others.html
    A detailed guide is in the readme file. For burning to audio CD resampling is needed here too.

6. xuesong

xuesong Member

You can try this one at http://www.imtoo.com/dvd-audio-ripper.html

=============
    [bold]DVD Audio Ripper[/bold] is a software to rip DVD to mp3 or wav. You can use DVD Audio Ripper to extract DVD audio track (soundtrack), convert DVD to mp3 and convert DVD to wav with complete sound effects.
    [​IMG]