1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd on all dvd players

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Johnniafx, Jul 10, 2007.

1. Johnniafx

Johnniafx Member

Hi

I have some made some back up of my DVD's before and quite comfortable in copying DVD's.
    However i am trying to copy a wedding day DVD that will be played in a normal stand alone dvd player. Usually when it comes to formats i burn to DVD-R as my own player plays that format however i wil need to make numerous copies of the wedding dvd to give to relatives who will play on their own dvd players obviously.
    How can i make a copy that will play in any dvd player?.
    I used Ashampoo Burning Studio 7 & used the creat a video DVD option which states can be played in all DVD players. I used a DVD+R disc and played it on my dvd but it was unable to play.
    any advice plz, thx in advance.

2. 300bowler

300bowler Regular member

the thing that you can do for the most compatible dvd is to Booktype it to dvd-rom(and you can only do that when using +R disk formats), plus your dvd burner has to be capable of booktyping too, also this is not guaranteed to work in 100% dvd players, but doing it this way and using media like Verbatims or Taiyo Yudens is the closest to 100%

if you post your Make, Model number of your burner we can check if you are able to booktype.

3. MichaelP1

MichaelP1 Guest

if you can't booktype using the Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim DVD-R media burning no faster than 6x should work on everyones standalone dvd player