1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD on CD? yea right!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by limelight, Feb 2, 2005.

1. limelight

limelight Regular member

i saw an ad at the top of the afterdawn pages that said covert a full dvd to an 80 min cd. id like to see how crappy that looks.

2. sean5775

sean5775 Regular member

It is very low quality of course. But it can be done. It's basically about the same quality of a VHS tape when split between 2 cd-r's as thats the only way I ever tried it a long time ago. I can only assume on 1 cd-r its half the quality.

3. maaejbc

maaejbc Member

Actually I have done it myself and they look just as good as a dvd copy, it all depends on what you use to rip and encode it with. Personally I prefer dvd decrypter and dr. divx. This takes it down to around 700 mbs and leaves the quality quite nice, you can however divide it onto however many cd's you chose but to be honest who wants their movies onto 12 different disks? Isn't the point of it all to be onto one disk that you can put up say out of the kids hands? And finally, with the right programs .... it looks absolutely nothing like a vhs rip.