1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Playback Oddity

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by texdawg, Jan 4, 2011.

1. texdawg

texdawg Member

I successfully burned a DVD which plays on my PC and my daughter's DVD player in her bedroom. However, when I attempt to play this DVD on my LG Blu-ray player it won't play. Initially, the DVD starts up and shows an intro screen and then either suddenly hangs up the Blu-ray player that I have to unplug and plug back in to get the disk out. Or, instead, the Blu-ray players simply turns off.

I burned this DVD 3 times and still gets the same result. Works on my PC and my daughter's DVD player but acts weird on the Blu-ray player. There is obviously in the content in the DVD that the Blu-ray can't handle.

Any ideas on cleaning up the IFO or VOB files before burning to correct my problem?

2. attar

attar Senior member

Can the LG play other movie Titles that have been burned on the same batch of blanks.
    It seems unlikely to me that there is a problem with the IFO files if a standalone player accepts them.

If you happen to use DVD Shrink, and you use it to load a DVD and it accepts it without complaint, you can be sure that the files are compliant.

There is a program called FixVTS which will cleanup out of compliance files - it might be worth a try.

3. texdawg

texdawg Member

I burned 7 other DVD's from the same blanks. This 8th one plays on my PC and my daughter's DVD player. I burned a 2nd copy of the same thinking I had a bad DVD but nothing changed. I burned a 3rd on a DVD-RW and it had the same problem. There is something in the source. I did try FixVTS and did a 4th burn on a different DVD-RW. Nothing changed.

4. keebles

keebles Regular member

How fast are you burning them? I know my sony blu-ray player is very picky when it comes to burned movies. Any movie that is burned over 4x wont load right.

5. attar

attar Senior member

Assuming the authoring program is using the same settings for other movies, I don't know what it might be - unless the bitrate exceeds the limit for dvd (10000 kb/s?)

Try the Videohelp site for more suggestions.