1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Playback Problems - NEED HELP!

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by mpuehse, Dec 29, 2004.

1. mpuehse

mpuehse Member

I am using Pinnacle Studio 9.3.5 and have no problems with capturing, editing and making movies. I am, however, having problems with playing back the DVDs on my table-top DVD recorder which is a brand new Sony DVP-N2501P. I can playback the DVDs on my computer using Power DVD 5 with no problems. Incidentally, before I purchased the new Sony, I had a Panasonic player that also would not playback the DVDs.

I have tried the following media: TDK +R & -R and Memorex +R & -R to no avail. I have tried to get help from Pinnacle, but have still been unable to resolve the problem despite their many suggestions.

I have successfully created 1 movie that I can play on my computer and TV DVD player. The frustrating thing is that I have not made any changes to my computer since I made that DVD.

I really like Pinnacle because it is user-friendly, but am very frustrated at not being able to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Michael

2. srmarsh

srmarsh Guest

We have had the same problems... used all kinds of media. Finally we figured out you have to match the correct media with the player. Haven't decided if it is due to the burner we are using (Pacific Digital 4X) or the media itself. We have and had several different Sony players. Our Sony that holds a lot of DVDs won't play burned DVDs we've tried. Purchased the new I think 400 disk Sony cause it said it would, didn't play the ones I burned so we returned it. I have a Sony DVP-NS575P it plays the ones I burn. The Curtis Matis CMD-5000 plays everything! So if you need to buy a new player buy this one. It will play both dvdr+ and dvdr- with no problems, any brand! Wish all players did! hope this helps.

3. mpuehse

mpuehse Member

Thanks a lot. Since I posted my message, I decided to try additional brands of media and was successful. Could not play TDK, Memorex or even Sony. HP DVD+R proved to be successful.

I will make note of the Curtis player for my next purchase. Thanks and happy editing.