1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Playback quality is poor

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by howesp, Jul 18, 2003.

1. howesp

howesp Member

Hi,
    I've noticed that when playing DVD's, the contrast of the picture constantly changes. For a few seconds it will be normal, then it will go fairly dark, as if someone has turned the contrast down. It does this for a few seconds and then goes back to normal. The whole cycle repeats itself continuously, making watching a movie extremely irritating. Has anyone seen this before?
    Thanks.

2. Dank

Dank Regular member

is you ur box modded? could be your laser getting ready to go also.. never heard of it personally

3. howesp

howesp Member

Hi,
    Since I've posted this, I've found an explanation on the MS x-box forum. Cos I'm connected to the TV via a VCR, it causes some anti-copying software on the DVD player(macrovision?) to stuff the picture up. Very annoying, but I'm told you can get round it by connecting straight to the TV. Sounds a bit clever to me, but I'll take their word for it.

4. punqewe

punqewe Active member

You have some options....
    if your machine has been moded,and has the dongle-free dvd player installed you shouldn't even have this prob.
    But seeing as you do have this problem,whaat you could do is either go straight through the tv....OR....you can go to your local steroe/video store and buy a thing called a VIDEO STABILIZER. It cancels out the macrovision and solves your problem. It's really for cleaning up dirty sattelite/cable signals....but it work for getting the macro out of your vision. I hope this helps you out.

5. Zero-X

Zero-X Guest

Man i was likking answer question but when i came here howesp found the answer for him self. I knew what has happenig and i want to make my self look smart. Oh well looks like i'll be a dummy until i find a simple question i can answer. ^_^ bye all take care and BBL.