1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player and Nero MP4 player wanted!

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by tyberius7, Oct 19, 2004.

1. tyberius7

tyberius7 Member

Hello!

Does anyone know of a good DVD player that will play my DVDs, DivXs and my Nero MP4 movies?

I am concerned that if I buy one that plays DivXs it might not play Nero MP4!

Your help is immensly appreciated!

Thanks!

2. brettski

brettski Member

I don't know of any Nero MP4 DVD Players. I have the Philips 642 DivX DVD Player and it doesn't play Nero MP4, nor the Nero encoded AAC audio. However, a solution I have devised is an easy conversion using "mp4UI". It will convert Nero MP4 to .avi and also extracts/exports the AAC audio from the file. I then use Nero WaveEditor (with an AC3 Nero plugin)to convert the AAC audio to AC3. I them mux the new .avi file and the new AC3 audio using VirtualDub Mod. It takes less than 30 minutes to convert a 2 hour movie this way. The result is a avi movie with AC3 sound that plays perfectly on my Philips DVD Player. I have done this many times with no problems.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2004
  3. tyberius7

tyberius7 Member

Gee, that will take a long time if I have to do it to all my backed-up CDs!

But thanks for the information I'll definitely give it a try.

Perhaps I could send Nero an email asking them if they know of any DVD player!

Cheers!

4. sjette4

sjette4 Member