1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD player prob?

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by zenarrrow, Feb 10, 2005.

1. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

My dvd player ge won't play the backups I make But it will play the backups from my friends, same program being used. My backups work in my ps2 and pc as well in my childrens dvd,and the mother outlaws I mean inlaws, could my backups not be that good of quality? Using verbatim 4x dvd+r

2. bpitt

bpitt Member

Not all media types play in all dvd players. Try using the same media type as your friend did.

3. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

OK thanks for the info.... I have tried phillips and verbatim I am pretty sur it must be the standalone player,...you?

4. bpitt

bpitt Member

Yes, most likely your dvd player does not like the media you are using. You can also try burning at lower speeds. I have heard that the slower you burn the less errors you will have.

I personally have tried Sony 4x and they have worked in every dvd player I tried. I recently ran out and bought some Memorex, which I later found out is not even made by memorex but instead by some company they sub contract called CMC I believe and these are really horrible. They only work on 1 out of 5 dvd players I tried.

Good Luck

5. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I have heard cmc is a good mf, They made some phillips i have used. Do you have dvd identifier? I use that it is prety helpful. I try just to use verbatim now at 4x. Is sony pretty good I am kinda scaredof buying media in bundles, I saw some sony on sale, someone on here told me they were good. Maybe I will try some. ---zen-->

6. bpitt

bpitt Member

Yes I use DVD Identifier. I have read mixed reviews about the Sonys I use, but they worked on my PS2, my zenith dvd player, my mothers $40 mintek dvd player and my boss's dvd player so to me they were good. The Memorex CMCs I have did not work in my zenith but worked in my PS2 so thats why I said they were really horible. Actually I tried it in my mothers mintek and they worked. Guess it depends on what you want the media for.

7. zenarrrow

zenarrrow Regular member

I think I am goiong to buy a cheap dvd player they seem to do the best. My backups work real good in my kids coby players. Maybe I'll buy another. I think I'll stick to verbatim discs too, walmart sells them for 5.88 the sticker says 11.88 so no one is buying them 'cept me. That way I have a nice dvd case to keep my movies in as well. Cheers ---zen-->

8. MarkNZ

MarkNZ Regular member