1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Player Software Available?

Discussion in 'DVD-ROM drives' started by jojo-1, Mar 31, 2005.

1. jojo-1

jojo-1 Guest

Hello ....

How's everyone? :)

I have Nero 6.6.0.1 which includes Nero Show Time..

I'm able to install my software from a Nero Site Download application file which I saved..

One of my computers has two internal drives:
    One IDE DVD Player
    And a separate IDE CDRW Drive

I was wondering if there was someway I could download Show Time (separately), from the other application downloads on the Nero Site - and if I can, am I still able to use my original 6.0 Nero Serial Number to eventually make the software permanent ??

Or would it be better to just look for some FREE DVD player Software?

Thanx

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2005
  2. venomX05

venomX05 Regular member

Hey jojo-1,

If you are looking for a free dvd player software, for say, your pc, you should try and use Power DVD. It is a great player to use and very user friendly.

If you have both, I think you can install both on the 2 different drives. Because since they are seperate, you will be able to write to both of them.

But I could be wrong, but give it a try and see if you can. If not, then it can probably be done in a different way.

Hope this helps!

;)

3. jojo-1

jojo-1 Guest

So then does anyone know how I can extract ONLY Nero Show Time from the installation file package?

I already have a registered serial number for Nero 6
    which includes Show Time - But I only want Show Time and NOT the other packages!? Possible? Yes? No?

Thanx ....

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Nero showtime is part of one of the packages. I can't remember if its 1 or 2. You would have to install that package to get Showtime. Here is a suggestion but I haven't tried this. Showtime has its own folder in Nero at 9.72mb. You could try to copy that folder and transfer it to the other computer. What I don't know is if it will run by itself without the other parts of the package. I looked inside the folder and I think it will run but I never tried it that way. Good luck.

Jerry

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Also I am pretty sure Nero Showtime still requires DVD playing software to be installed on your system to work.. Heres a link to a free DVD player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Last edited: Apr 8, 2005
  6. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

bbmayo:
    Won't Media Player Classic play DVDs? Free download from AD "software" as a standalone player, or as part of Real Alternative/QuickTime Alternative packages. May not have all the frills of Power DVD, but may already be on computer if ability to open QuickTime/Real files is desired.

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Not by itself it won't. You still need the DVD playing software loaded on your system, and normally you have to pay for them with the exception of the one I provided a link to. That one isn't going to last much longer though so if your looking for a free one you better get it now.