1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD;players and recoders

Discussion in 'Home Theater PC' started by ZippyDSM, Jul 7, 2007.

1. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

this dose not fit well in players or recorders so I will put it here.

http://www.nextag.com/5-disc-dvd-player/search-html

here are some 5 disc players I found,I need help finding a good unit or I will just get whatever can play DVD RW/DVD r and such,I have a panisonic CV 50 it runs ok but craps out on some/most DVD copies.

I would like a cheap(under 200) but strong 5 disc player.

I also need a DVR that can burn DVDs what I wish to do is burn some of my VHS collection to DVD, I know whole units can not do this,so I will have to try a couple of stabilizers,I'd rather not do this on the PC....

I am also interested in HDVD/BR but frankly cost/value sucks could someone link me to a list of movies they currently have on their respective Hdef formats?

Altho with 500-700$ dual players coming out this year or next year I might opt out and get one of thos and just use this 30$ wally world player till then.

Also I'd like a NON blocky 30-50inch LCD TV that can last 5 years and is under a grand (wishfull thinking I know)

2. JVC

JVC Active member

Any stand alone dvd recorder should copy your vhs tapes, unless they are copy protected tapes (store bought movies).

Just plug red, white and yellow cables, from outputs of vcr, into red, white and yellow inputs, on dvd recorder. Push play button on vcr, and record button on dvd recorder. That's how my stepfather copied home movies onto dvds from vhs tapes.

I don't believe you'll find an LCD TV for under a grand................

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007
  3. ZippyDSM

ZippyDSM Active member

....yes they are retail VHS the protected kind,the reason why I mentioned a stabilizer....the reason why I don't want to do it on the PC to much crap to do to get it to work right.

thank you I know what composite cabling is (red,white,yellow rca pluged cables,for left,right audio and composite video):p

Now component cabling might glaze me eyes over some :p

heres a example of a cheap LCD TV
    http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5585303
    37 inchs 700$ and probably blocky as all hell.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2007