1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Printing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vomog, Apr 28, 2005.

1. vomog

vomog Member

Hi Everyone.
    I've just ordered a batch of Verbatim "printable" blanks. I still use a Epson 870.Will the printer be of any use for printing directly on to this media?

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You can get the epson r-200 photo ink-jet printer at sam's club for a hair under $80. It will print those fine verbatims for you,if they are ink jet printable discs.

Check out the link bassnut posted. Many links there for downloading your disc covers and album covers there,as well as tips for your target for regular printable and full-hub printables. Also great,low cost,sites for ink cartridges for the epson r-200,r-300,and r-320 or so printers.

I've been printing my verbatim data life plus +8x full hub printables for about a month,and they look great.

4. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Here is the best price I have found for ink cartridges for my R200 and I have looked everywhere. $16.85 + $3.95 shipping for a complete set of 6. I found this site courtesy of bbmayo. http://private.abacus24-7.com/(ov5x.../driver.aspx?topic=compatibility&compat=12973 I'm useing them now and can't tell any difference between them and the qenuine epson cartridges. I order an extra black and yellow since they get used up first (no extra for shipping still $3.95).

5. ulagy

ulagy Member

i am interested in buying the epson r200. i have a ton of movies with a regular silver surface. i am planing in sticking covers on the dvd's and using the printer to make covers. my question is that i have heard alot of bad things about doing it this way. people say that it will make the dvd overheat during viewing and therefore stop playing. Have anyone heard of this also? Or any other feed back? (i know the best way is getting printable dvds, but i would like to put labels on my old movies)
    thanks

6. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

I used to put labels on mine and never had any problems (but most do). Now I only use hub printable media. All you can do is give it a try, if they cause problems take em off and quit useing them. I think the higher the quality of the media the less chance you will have of having problems.

Mort

7. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

It also depends on your stand alone player. Some handle the labels better than others ..... my Koss handeled the labeled disk pretty well though not 100% and I have tried a couple of different label brands. You hear everything from the labels putting them off balance to when the ink dries the label shrinks and warps the dvd's. I don't know which is true I can tell you from experience that I ahd no end of troubles with labels ...... thay would play perfect when yoou first applied then ....... then if you played them a week later some would not play ...... if you tried to make another copy of them you would get a CRC error but if you took off the label then you could copy them. If I lent out a disk I was almost gauranteed they woulkd freeze on my friends player. Taking labels off really sucked. If you are gonna try labels then possibly try the plastic ones (they are the only ones I didn't try and have heard they are not as finicky) and be very picky to get it centered on your disk.

8. NiteCap2k

NiteCap2k Guest

I've been using the epson r200 for about 10 months now, and i will say its alot easier, neater, cleaner and just down right looks better that the lables. the cost is much less also, since now i dont have to buy paper (glossy of you want quality prints) i also dont have to worry about getting the darn things aligned correctly. I use the Fuji 8x printable discs, i've found they are more compatible with my home player. Also i use the Print Rite ink cartridges that i can purchase from the local Fry's at a third of the cost of the epson cartridges. i really reccommend checking out the r200 or r300

9. rcover

rcover Member

Hello and Good Morning, Ya Mort I have been going there also for some time now also and havn't had any probs with this ink. I sent some to my daughter for her bday and she really likes it. So now she goes there also. Anyway have a nice day talk later.

10. Lobo3232

Lobo3232 Member

Hi All. I'm trying to gather enough info to make the switch to printable DVDs (I've had some instances of overheating with stick-ons)Can anyone tell me the difference between regular printables and Full Hub printables?

11. rcover

rcover Member

I use Ritek printables. The differents between them is the regulars you can't print all the way to the hub or the hole in the middle. The other hub printables you can. I hopes you can get the meaning of what I'm trying to say.

12. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

The full hub printables look sweet!
    That's all I am going to use.

13. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Thats all I use too saugmon. I hope all the label sites don't shut down. I can scan my dvd's but the resolution on mine aren't as good as some of those on the label sites.

14. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

Here is a pic of the an original and one with the epson r200, and the different printables. the r200 is awesome
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2005
  15. rcover

rcover Member

Question what program does anyone use to print unto cd's? I use the one that came with my Epson printer But it won't let me print the hubs.

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

rcover,

I use the epson print cd proggy that came with my r200 too. You have to change the inner setting to 20mm (for my verbatums anyway, varys a little on some others)under set inner/outer diameter icon or under file.

Mort

17. rcover

rcover Member

Mort,
    Thanks alot. I should have known better. LOL I

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

No problem rcover, I had to figure it out too.

Mort

19. rcover

rcover Member

OK Mort one more question? What is the differents in the setting in cd/dvd printing in choosing a media setting? One is regugular and the other is a prenium????? What is This premium? TY Rex I tryed to find it and see what the differents is but can't find it.

20. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

rcover,
    I guess I don't understand the question. I don't see any settings for regular or premium media. Maybe saugmon can enlighten us. He got his r200 after I got mine. Maybe they added something to the epson print cd software.