1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Printing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by vomog, Apr 28, 2005.

1. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

LMAO!!

I've only done about 20 or so and haven't messed around much with the settings. Still a newb on printing,lol
    Everything except for the printing size on the inner is set at default.

I got this one at sams club,hard telling how long it set around for.

The only thing I change,is on my cover and I tick it for Quality semi-gloss photo paper and tick the best quality on the photo part. Those covers do look sweet. The discs look great,but the darker ones are turning out a lot better than the lighter ones.I haven't even gotten to try my scanner out yet to compare the quality from the downloaded ones.

I'm still getting the hang of it. Getting ready to print without a paddle.

Later

2. rcover

rcover Member

Hi Mort, When you hit the print icon a blue window comes up where you can change things. And on that screen you'll see where it says Media type. Click that and you'll see what I mean. I have a r320 and I'm sure we R running the same software for printing dvds. TY for your time Rex

3. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi rcover,

I've got the R200 like saugy (poor boy here). I can only change the printer preferences when printing an outside cover. I can probably change the preferences for a disc manually but a screen doesn't pop up automatically asking me if I want to change anything. I've never neded to change any quality settings for a disc.

Hey saugmon,

When you figure out how to scan your discs and then print it on your backup let me know. I can't get my scans cropped right to fit into epson print cd. They are always too small. Thanks ole buddy. I'm afraid that with these cover sites shuting down, I'll have to scan my own discs someday soon.

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I don't have anything to really improve the disc,just like mort,except for the brightness. I did get my alignment finally set,it kept printing towards the right of the disc about a half a mm.Without a paddle looked great.It's a lighter cover,so It doesn't look as original as the album cover does.Still have to mess around with the brightness.

Later

5. rcover

rcover Member

Hey Mort and Saug, When I was scanning mine they were off a little so I ajusted it when I put my cd on the glass to scan keep it away from the edge a little. I stayed about 1/4 inch top and side and that made a big diff. try it and see. Let me know. Rex

6. warchild

warchild Member

hey guys i just bought an epson stylus r200 and my problem is that i cant print full dvd's .i dont know why buy the center is not being copied.is there something i can do to fix it?

7. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

warchild,

Go to file, inner/outer diameter settings, set inner between 20 and 23 (depends on what brand discs you are useing), click ok.

8. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I've got mine set on 21 for my verbatim +8x data life plus full hubs.I did have to adjust the alignment because they were a hair off center on the hub.

Hey mort, I just picked up a spindle of Maxell +8x full hubs at walmart. 25 pack for $16 at wal-mart and they are made by hitachi of japan and code as maxell-003. I just burned son of mask and haven't scanned it for errors yet,but that same mfg code is on their regular +8x made in japan media and look just as good as my verbs.I still have to do white noise and will also scan it.

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Maxell hub printables at wally world huh. Thats a good price. Let me know how they compare to the verbs. I've still got around 70 of the verbatum hub printables. Been useing up my 50 pk of prodiscs that my litey didn't like. The prodiscs burn fine with my benq, almost as good as the verbs. Hope they play ok down the road.

I set the inner diameter to 20 with the verbs and 23 with the prodiscs. Hell I've still got about 40 TY non-hub printables to use someday that rima sent me instead of TY hub printables. Take care saugy.

Mort

10. Lobo3232

Lobo3232 Member

Hi all. After following this thread and a couple of others I bought myself an Epson R300 about 10 days ago. I got it alligned and did about 10 perfect prints on my TYs. (I had been having some overheating problems with stick on labels). On my 11th print I got "tray not loaded properly" message. I followed Epsons troubleshoot but it didn't change anything. After powering off the printer, rebooting the computer and executing the roller cleaning procedure I got another good print. Since then I'm getting about 2 out of 3 good prints.I guess this is just the way its going to be. I don't want to go through the frustration and down time like others in this thread just to wind up with the problem recurring again. Is anyone printing disks problem free? Has anyone had a positive experience where their malfunctioning R200 or R300 was competently repaired in a reasonable period of time? I'd appreciate any stories positive or negative.

11. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

Mort81,

Just bought a R320(at Epson store for $149 re-furbished, includes shipping and no taxes), what do you set the outer diameter for your Verbatim's (BTW, thanks for the recommendation). I had it on 118, but it looks like it could/should be 119, or possibly 120???

TIA,

Rich

12. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

sytyguy,

I just leave the outer set at 120 for all brands of media. Sometimes it goes off the white printable surface just a hair but doesn't hurt anything just leaves black lines on my fingers if I pick them up too soon. Experiment, I would suggest 119 or 120. Good luck.

Mort

13. sytyguy

sytyguy Regular member

Mort81,

That's what I thought, but wanted to be sure, so as to get it right from here on out. Actually, 118 wasn't bad, but why not be perfect.

Many thanks,

Rich

14. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

You're welcome. Good luck.

15. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Yo mort81, It's been a while,but i'm back.
    Those maxell plus full hubs are performing just a well as the verbatim full hubs. How's that benq working for you?

16. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Hi saugmon,

Where you been? It was just yesterday I was wondering about ya. Couldn't ask for a better burner. I love my benq. Don't be a stranger.

Mort

17. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I'm still working on my divorce. Just got the net hooked up-dial up- friday.

18. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Sorry to hear. Been there done that. Never fun. Glad to see you're back with us however.

19. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

I am not sure what he's sorry about, but dang buddy sorry to hear about the dial up :)

Oh and the divorce too... That might be a good thing though I am not sure? I hope your doing fine.

You still a Buckeye fan?

I do have some good news for you though...

I saved a bundle on my car insurance from Geico!! LOL :)

Oh and The Wolverines rule!

20. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

Divorce and dial up. Divorce may be good in the long run but is still a royal pain in the a$$ during the process either way and dial up just plain sux.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2005