1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD problem with Plasma TV

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by rockshok, Jan 11, 2005.

1. rockshok

rockshok Guest

I purchased a LG DVD Player LGDVB418 player w/ HDMI hook up. I linked with a Pioneer HD 4340 plasma tv. I am having trouble with the play back......the audio does not sync. with the video....it similar to watch an old Godzilla movie.....lips move out of sync....please help.

2. allansolo

allansolo Member

I am having the same problem--worse on some movies than others, watching Terminator 2 was almost unbearable. I read on another site that it happens after using pause button and will have to check this but I can't figure it out--the picture with 1080 and HDMI as awesome and I have been told is superior to the upconverting Sony. Have it hooked to to a Pioneer Elite 1110 HD. Would appreciate any info!

3. scots7777

scots7777 Member

i have same problem, see my thread in the tv's section, i think its best to talk about tv's in there.

4. allansolo

allansolo Member

I returned the LG to Best Buy--first they had heard of the problem. Replaced with Denon 1910 and the problems is much improved--I don't think this is a problem with plasma generally, just this particular DVD player. Reply from LG was totally unsatisfactory, essentially send the unit back for repair at my cost! Unfortunately picture quality on the Denon is not quite up to the LG but I think due to having a DVI to HDMI connection.

5. rockshok

rockshok Guest

I found the solution........the HDMI connection from the DVD player to the Pioneer HD media center should be replaced with a component cable connection (red, blue, green cables) and use an optical connection from the DVD player to the Component Stereo system. This will solve your sycronization problem. The HDMI connection requires some processing time and delays the video signal....thus a sync. problem.

6. scots7777

scots7777 Member

What should I do with mines, iam getting lipsync problem watching analog tv, digital tv (cable) and also dvd's.

I have a philips 42PF9946/12 tv and a philips dvdr610 recorder....I will be getting a Panasonic SC-HT870 dvd sound system soon, I dunno if that will help matters ???

Maybe someone can help ?

cheers :)

7. allansolo

allansolo Member

Have you noticed any loss of video quality in moving from the HDMI to the component?--I sure noticed this when I tried hooking up my older JVC to the Pioneer media center, not even close to the HDMI. However, I suspect you're right about the processing time. Even on the Denon player which uses a Farjouda chip, the lip sync is slightly noticeable at times. Also movie I was referring to is Total Recall--if anybody has this video would appreciate knowing if you have same problem.