1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD problems in both PowerDVD & Media Player

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by crispy51, Mar 14, 2006.

1. crispy51

crispy51 Member

Video Card : BFG GeForce 6600 GT OC
    Chip AMD 64 3000
    RAM 1 Gb

I have never tried viewing DVDs on my PC, but when my LG DVD drive came, I noticed it had an OEM version of PowerDVD 5.0 on the installation disk.

I loaded it and tried to configure it as required, but I couldn't get it to work properly.

Using purchased DVDs that were known to work, all I got were heavily pixelated images and a half drawn menu.

I decided to try the same DVD in Media Player, and that worked alright.

When searching for the PowerDVD site, I noticed they were offering a download of version 6, so I thought that might be the answer. How wrong can you be?

I thought that might come with all necessary files, but it was not to be. Not only the heavily broken images, but also matching sound.

To make things worse, since loading the PDVD version 6, I now find that Media Player doesn't work either.

You've probably worked out by now that I know very little about DVDs, but I'm trying to learn. Any help would be appreciated.

Chris

2. crispy51

crispy51 Member

I had real hope for this forum, but it seems like I'll have to try somewhere else. For anyone who feels like having a go at problem solving, things have changed a little since the original post.

I downloaded the codec pack for Windows Media Player and I do have pictures in that, but the sound is just constantly breaking up. PowerDVD is still not working.

Chris.

3. Casper209

Casper209 Member

4. crispy51

crispy51 Member

Thanks Casper, I downloaded the trial version and everything is working just fine.

I still can't understand why two aps that are designed to play DVDs, can't manage it without me having to spend more money. It just makes no semse to me.

Thanks again,
    Chris.