1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Profiler Question

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by Clinty76, Feb 27, 2004.

1. Clinty76

Clinty76 Guest

I don't know if anyone uses this software. It organizes and catalogs your DVD's. I have 887 DVDs and they are impossible to keep track of. Anyway I was wondering if they were still around. I can't get online with my program and their website is down also.

Does anyone know what's going on with them?

2. drchips

drchips Active member

Never heard of them...

I use collectorz.com Movie Collector Pro 4 myself, you could try it out:

http://www.collectorz.com/

Have Fun...

3. snoops1

snoops1 Guest

I have dvd pro and having the same problem but don't know what the problem is. If I hear anything I'll pass it on.

Snoops1

4. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

Just wondering...Are all those 887 DVD's burned on DVD's or on harddrives? And also do you legally own all those, cuz damn 887 is alot.

5. snoops1

snoops1 Guest

Do you have any idea why interv site isn't working? Or were you just excited by the number of dvd he has? LOL

Snoops1

6. Clinty76

Clinty76 Guest

I own them all legally. I have been collecting for a long time.

7. leviticus

leviticus Regular member

Do i have any idea if who's site is working? and you gotta admit 887 is alot.

8. snoops1

snoops1 Guest

DVD Profiler website ...... it's not working and no one seems to know why. The software is advertised at this website but no answers here :(

Yes it is alot ... sigh

9. LDLDL

LDLDL Member

IVS (DVD Profiler) was working last week as I had loaded a few DVDs onto the site. However, as of Wednesday, I haven't been able to get onto the site or access their web page.

10. jboomzzz

jboomzzz Member

I too manage my 700 plus DVD collection using DVD Profiler and have not been able to access the site or make changes for a few days now. Any info on what's going on with them???

11. TT626

TT626 Guest

I also am trying to manage a 400+ Collection but IVS has been down since last Wednesday. DVD Profiler is TOTALLY WORTHLESS without the IVS Website to update the Profiles and Images. I am asking for help in locating a REPLACEMENT Program for DVD Profiler but it seems that there is NONE that offers Front and Back Cover Images, Cross Referencing Actors in your Database and a easy to use interface. I looked at:
    http://www.digital-digest.com/dvd/downloads/misc.html for different programs but none seem to match up with DVD Profiler. Love the program but hate this downtime, Any help would be apprecited.
    TIA
    Tom

12. jcarsto

jcarsto Guest

I just tried to go to http://www.intervocative.com/ and there is a message that says:

"Temporarily Unavailable
    ----------------------------------------------

DVDProfiler.com is temporarily unavailable as we perform routine maintenance. Please check back in a few minutes."

Just how long is a few minutes???

13. jboomzzz

jboomzzz Member

Agreed, that happened to me last nite when I checked and again today...surely someone has a clue as to what's going on with them? I don't relish trying to get all 700 of my titles on to another database as I've used profiler for a few years now!

14. TT626

TT626 Guest

That Message on the DVD Profiler Web Site has been there for quite awhile, I don't think that the folks at DVD Pro Website even know that there site is down or they would have gotten the word out somehow that they got hit with a virus or the server crashed. I don't look forward to changing databases either but if this is the best service IVS can provide then WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE

15. drchips

drchips Active member

Ummmm...

This is probably a stoopid question:

why would anyone want to use a program/database etc that is TOTALLY dependant upon net access & a website being up - to the end that the program is USELESS without said net access & website??

ONE of the most important funtions of my computer is that I can store database info (ALL of it) LOCALLY; dependancy on a net resource is like storing your My Documents Folder on a free website somewhere, the slightest hiccup (out of your control, as you have discovered) and you have problems...

Maybe I am looking at it all wrong, and the net is a safe/reliable storage medium!!!!

Anyhow, I use Movie Collector Pro 4 myself (see my previous post) with the database stored locally.

Byeeee....
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Life is just more of the same:[/small]

Last edited: Feb 29, 2004
  16. TT626

TT626 Guest

drchips:
    I may have given the wrong impression of DVD Profiler. The Internet is only used to populate the LOCAL Database with information of all NEWLY added DVDs. The whole system is based on contributions (cover scans and reviews) by the DVD Profiler Community. The weekest link in the chain is the Server that all DVD Profiler Customers need to connect to in order to populate their newly added DVDs to their collection. It's a great piece of softwate and I have been using is for several years..I don't want to have to change and Movie Collector just doesn't offer what DVD Profiler brings to the table - That's when their Website is up.

17. drchips

drchips Active member

Ahhhh!!!

I seek enlightenment, and am informed...

I shall have a look at it when it comes up (if it does - LOL).

Byeeee....

18. Clinty76

Clinty76 Guest

19. AcidC0RE

AcidC0RE Member

I also use DVD Profiler for my 2700+ DVD collection and have been for over 2 years. It is the best for cataloging your DVD collections. Incidently, I use Movie Collector for my VHS(3900+)collection. I'm in the process of replacing my VHS video collection with DVD's. It's a fantastic piece of software as well. I have been trying to update the profiles list and other things within the program and it won't work. When it first started nothing withing the software would access any part of the InterVocative web servers now when you go to update from within the software it does find the page where there should be updates if there was any. It says that it is current. So it is accessing part of their servers. As far as the database, price lists, and others is concerned, it hasn't. Also the InterVocative web site is indeed down as well. I did a finger/whois on the InterVocative web site so as to get some kind of administrator email and this is the email address I got, kcole@BIGFOOT.COM. He is the primary developer of the software. I have emailed him twice and haven't received a single reply at all. Either he is too busy to email me or he has ditched the whole program and left everyone high & dry. Perhaps if others started to email he would get tired of getting slammed with repeated emails and reply to one and someone could post it here and let others know.

In any case here is the info I got while doing a trace on their networks. There are some sys admin numbers too in case anyone cares to call and find out.

Registrant:
    InterVocative Software (INTERVOCATIVE-DOM)
    1425 Dexter St
    Liberty, MO 64068
    US

Domain Name: INTERVOCATIVE.COM

Administrative Contact:
    InterVocative Software (KC2497-ORG)
    [bold]Telephone & Address removed for privacy issues[/bold]

Technical Contact:
    SkyNetWEB, HOSTMASTER (HS1867) sysadmin@SKYNETWEB.COM
    1301 S. Baylis Street
    Baltimore, MD 21224
    US
    [bold]Telephone Removed for privacy issues[/bold]

Record expires on 02-Jul-2008.
    Record created on 03-Jul-1997.
    Database last updated on 26-Feb-2004 15:10:16 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

NS1.SKYNETWEB.COM 208.231.1.34
    NS2.SKYNETWEB.COM 208.231.1.35

If anyone finds out what's going on let us know. Thanks.

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Truly,

...::: /\c|d >< :::...[/small]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2004
  20. Clinty76

Clinty76 Guest

I just called the 816 number and I spoke to kevin's,(AKA: kcole@BIGFOOT.COM), wife and she said that the servers are down and Kevin is out of town so he hasn't been able to do anything. They were suppose to be back up on the 27th after some kinda update on the 26th. For some reason they are still down and he'll get them up and running soon. She said for sure they were not going out of business. So I am grateful to hear this news. Thanks to acidCORE for the info.