1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD Quality

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by elias_7, Sep 6, 2004.

1. elias_7

elias_7 Member

ive been using DVD shrink and i am just wondering how other people quality is? because my quality is good but not the best if u no wat i mean, and how can i make the quality better?

2. zippyd

zippyd Active member

are you using the deep analysis in shrink? this adds alot of time to the whole backup process, but is well worth it. You might also try using an RW disk and experimenting with the quality settings.... sharp, max sharpness, smooth,and max smoothness. Different people seem to prefer different settings.
    If that doesn't seem to be of any help.... the only advice that I can give is to re-author and to edit as much as possible to keep the compression down. Always remember that the more you compress, the lower the quality.
    Hope I've helped.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004
  3. dabig25

dabig25 Regular member

How do you adjust the settings????

4. zippyd

zippyd Active member

When you click backup...the backup dvd window pops up. select the tab "quality settings". The settings should say "sharp(default)" . You can click on the arrow to drop down the other selections. This is also where you check or uncheck the option to perform deep analysis.
    Hope this helps....

[​IMG]

5. lfx

lfx Member

I maybe new here at AfterDawn but i seen a guide for what i wanted (dvd backups to dvdr) this guide http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/full_dvd_to_dvdr_with_clonedvd.cfm made me very happy cos it didnt loose much quality, you can delete files with CloneDVD to give the dvd more quality etc etc..

Hope i helped.

LFX
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]Whats a DVD?
    confused yet?
    its a joke![/small]

Last edited: Sep 7, 2004