1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD QUERIES!

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by Yezinki, Feb 25, 2006.

1. Yezinki

Yezinki Member

Hi there,

I got a new Sony DVD Burner installed on my machine, bundled with Nero 6.6 & Roxio 8 Home Suite.

1. Which is better a better DVD burning software Nero or Roxio?

2. Difference between R & RW I can make out so about Double layer, is double layer & dual layer the same thing?

3. What’s the difference between DVD+R & DVD-R & like wise DVD+RW & DVD-RW, In your personal experience, which is a better media *+* OR *–*, in case of either *R* or *RW*?

4. At what speeds should the DVDRs (+ -) & DVDRWs (+ -) be burnt for a good output.

5. Would you care to give yr comments on the following:

"Sony’s new DVD burner incorporates new 8.5GB DVD-R Dual Layer, DVD+R double layer burning and dual format 4.7GB DVD burning. Double/Dual Layer discs let you store up to 8.5GB on a single DVD+R Double Layer or DVD-R Dual Layer disc, giving you plenty of room for more video and audio entertainment, digital photo archives, and information storage. DVD+R burning speed is a blazing 16X max, burning a full DVD in approximately 6 minutes. Double Layer and Dual Layer Recording speed is 4X max. DVD+RW speeds are 8X max for DVD+RW and 6X max for DVD-RW respectively. Ultra fast 48X max CD-R burning means you no longer need a separate CD Burner for good performance. What hasn’t changed is the DRU-810A comes bundled with an unbeatable Nero 6.6 software suite and also includes a black front panel to match black colored PCs.”

6. Are the following correct?

a. -R better in versatility?

b. R more stable than RW?

c. Burn speed slightly lower but not lowest for a media?

d. Dual layer & single layer burning processes are the same OR some change is needed while burning a DL?

8. Stand alone DVD players work better with *- R* than *+ R*, can they play *+/- RWs* too OR standalone players don’t support RWs?

9. What are a few good soft wares to burn a movie to a DL DVD, should the media be +/- R or +/- RW?

10. What soft wares support a burnt movie that would play BOTH on a DVD-ROM optical drive & stand alone DVD player?

11. Should I look for the latest firmware updates for my Sony Burner?

12. Regarding a Movie DVD can it be burnt directly or copied first to hard drive?

13. What is reasonable good media in your view & experience for both +-R, +-RW?

Hoping to hear from you.

Regards.

Ivanov Yezinki.

2. Yezinki

Yezinki Member

Hi again,

Im new to the forums, did I make a post in the wrong scetion?

If YES than could the moderator transfer it to the appropriate section.

TIA,

Regards!