1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R 16x discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by smiles21, Feb 15, 2007.

1. smiles21

smiles21 Member

Hey! I bought some 16x DVD+R (4.7GB) discs, but I'm having problems burning with them. I usually use 8x DVD+R (4.7GB) discs, and I burn them at 4x on my (Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-109) burner. When I burn these discs, I have no problems. So ... with these 16x discs, is it best to burn at 8x?? Because I think I burnt one at 4x and it turned out shite! Any advice? Thanks heaps :D

2. aabbccdd

aabbccdd Guest

yeah you want to burn them at 8x . also make sure you have the latest firmware update on your drive this will help support the 16x speed media

3. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

here is the link for the latest firmware for your drive: LINK

4. mims_h

mims_h Member

sometime its better to burn on lower speeds. depends on the data and the source player

5. smiles21

smiles21 Member

Hey guys! Thanks for that :) I'll try burning at 8x and see how that goes. Cheers!

6. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

What's the brand name of those +16x blanks?

What's the brand name of those +8x that you were using?

Here's dvdidentifier,and see what the MID codes are on those discs-it's a free program:

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd-r_tools/dvd_identifier.cfm

Quality media like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim,8x should be no problem. Crap media can be another story. Stand alone players will have a harder time with crap media-bad playback,no disc errors,etc.

7. smiles21

smiles21 Member

Thanks for that DVD Identifier link. Burning at 8x seems to have worked fine though, so I've got no more problems! YAY :) Cheers.