1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R and DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by 6tristan9, Nov 24, 2004.

1. 6tristan9

6tristan9 Member

what disk is better to burn with, DVD-R or DVD+R. do they write at different speeds which one would i use if i was burnin a DVD to play on PLaystation 2? wat do they both mean? can someone give me the low-down on these two disks...?
    Thanx

2. Radon

Radon Guest

DVD-R/W was the first DVD recording format released that was compatible with standalone DVD Players.

DVD-R is a non-rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 91% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD-RW is a rewriteable format and it is compatible with about 74% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD-R/W supports single side 4.7 GB* DVDs(called DVD-5) and double side 9.4 GB* DVDs(called DVD-10).

DVD+R/W has some better features than DVD-R/W such as lossless linking and both CAV and CLV writing.

DVD+R is a non-rewritable format and it is compatible with about 86% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD+RW is a rewritable format and is compatible with about 74% of all DVD Players and most DVD-ROMs.

DVD+R/W supports single side 4.7 GB* DVDs(called DVD-5) and double side 9.4 GB* DVDs(called DVD-10).