1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R burn - File System Error 16389

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by souffle, Aug 30, 2010.

1. souffle

souffle Member

Hi all,

I am new to dvd burning and when I tried to transfer a video file onto a disc, I got the error message: File System Error 16389.

I don't think the problem lies with burning, as I already have Aimersoft Video converter and when I chose to burn direct onto the dvd, Aimersoft says there isn't enough disk space even though it does. so problem should lie with the dvd reader right?

I read on Roxio.com that I can uninstall my Matshita DVDram and reboot, but I am afraid if I do that, I can't reinstall my DVDram again and I have to purchase a new software.

Anyone there able to help? Hope my description is clear.

Thanks in advance. :)

2. attar

attar Senior member

More information required.
    Are you using a PC?
    Is it XP or Windows 7?
    Did you download the original video?
    What type - it an AVI file?
    Then you converted it with some other program to make it DVD movie format?
    What program did you use to try and burn it to a blank DVD?

3. souffle

souffle Member

I converted it using Aimersoft to Vob file. but I can convert to other formats if I choose.

Earlier on, I tried using Sonic MyDVD and it works, but Sonic only supports a handful of formats. I managed to burn it in WMV format. But the process is really slow and tedious as that means I need to convert my downloads from rmvb to wmv, then copy these files to Sonic for them to be burnt.

I was hoping I could select the output path as the DVD-RW drive, and save me an extra step, but Aimersoft gives a message that my new disc either has no free space, or I need to create folders on the disc first. But I am unable to do that.

any idea why? :(

thanks again.

4. attar

attar Senior member

I don't know why Aimersoft is giving error messages - but recall that MPEG2 files are much larger that the same running time in more compressed formats and converting from one format to another requires a lot of HD space for temporary files.

I would go back to square one as you are converting RMVB to AVI then MPEG and losing quality each step.

Download and run Any Video Converter and load the RMVB file.
    On the top right, select 'DVD' - either NTSC or PAL depending if you live in North America or the rest of the world.
    This outputs DVD compliant MPEG that can be authored to a DVD.

Play back the output to verify that it's ok.

Download and run DVD Flick.
    Load the MPEG file.
    Click 'Project Settings' and select NTSC or PAL then 'Advanced' and click 'Copy MPEG-2 streams'
    This ensures that compliant files are not re-encoded.

Save the output to the selected folder and optionally choose to burn the disk (ImgBurn is included with DVD Flick).

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Any_Video_Converter_Free_Version
    http://www.videohelp.com/tools/DVD_Flick

5. souffle

souffle Member

Thanks Attar,

I will give that a try and let you know. Come back to this thread ok? :)

thanks again.