1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+- r doesn't see media

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by gandydanc, Dec 27, 2010.

1. gandydanc

gandydanc Member

When dvdshrink went to dvd decrypter to write the movie, dvd decrypter said medium not present, tray closed. i tried numerous other blank disks with the same results. i am using tyo uden disks and i haven't had a problem before. can anyone help. thanks gandydanc. ps is it possible i need a new burner. the os is windows 7. i have burned dvd before with this setup.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

does the dvd drive showup in the bios & device manager? have you tried uninstalling the drive in device manager & restart windows so it can find new hardware & load its driver?

3. gandydanc

gandydanc Member

The drive shows up in the BIOS and I re-installed it and it still says "media not present. in the devise manager it says the device is working properly. i also tried different media disks and still no luck. By the way i just burned two movies about a week ago with the same setup and it worked flawlessly. anything else i can try? thanks gandydanc

4. ddp

try a system restore to just before the 2 successful burns.

5. gandydanc

gandydanc Member

i tried the system restore without success, i even went back a month and still no luck. anything else i can try or is a new burner the answer?
    gandydanc

6. gandydanc

gandydanc Member

i think i have the solution. when i put a dvd in my dvd player and watch the light go on and off and the movie comes on the screen. when i put that same movie in the dvd +-rw player the light does not come and the same movie does not play. nothing happens on the screen. i would have to say that the dvdrw is junk. i've had it since 2006. let me know your thoughts on this before i buy a new one. thanks gandydanc

7. ddp

you already proved what the problem is & how to fix it so go ahead.