1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD -/+R double layer..

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Toodlum, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Toodlum

Toodlum Guest

Has anyone actually tried copying a movie on a Dual Layered disk yet? If so what was the outcome? The reason why I ask is because I just recently found out that my burner supports it, and I wanted to get a consensus as to weather or not it would be worthwhile to invest in dl DVD's.

2. wolfniggr

wolfniggr Regular member

If you had run a search you would have found that there are a lot of people who have backed up their movies to dl media. DVD Decrypter is a free program that not only rips protected movies, but also burns. Very easy to make a dl backup with this program. The reason this is still not as popular as single layer backups(dvd5) is because of the cost of dl media. The price has gone down since it has been available, but it is still expensive. Look for a bigger price drop in the 4th(possibly 3rd) quarter. The choice to use these is up to you. Verbatim dl media seem to be the most compatible. Stay away from memorex dl media(and sl while you're at it) no matter what the price is. Check out the DVD R Media Forum for more info on media. Good luck.

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/47

Last edited: Mar 18, 2005