1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+-R Drive Playback Problems

Discussion in 'DVD / Blu-ray drives' started by ikim88, Aug 27, 2007.

1. ikim88

ikim88 Member

I have a Dell Inspiron 6400 with a DVD+-RW Drive (TS-L632D). Up until today it was reading discs perfectly fine. But then it started taking ridiculous amounts of time to copy files from a disc to my hdd. When I check the performance under windows task manager, the process was taking up at least 50% of my cpu. When I tried playing back a dvd movie, the playback was laggy. The same goes for other video files in several other discs. I flashed my drive with the update from Dell's support site, but the problem is still there. I also tried the above solutions in diagnostic mode. I know that the problem lies within the drive. Any suggestions to fixing this problem?

I'm thinking about going to buy a DVD Laser Lens Cleaner. What's the best one I can find?

2. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

3. ikim88

ikim88 Member

Thanks, it works fine now. I did check DMA before for the primary IDE, but not the secondary. I'll sure to keep it in mind next time I run into this problem. Just out of curiosity, what might have caused it to go into PIO mode?

4. LOCOENG

LOCOENG Moderator Staff Member

Your drive slips into PIO mode after a few read errors, six if I remember correctly. Glad you got it working...happy burning.