1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD+R Help?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dymx, Feb 17, 2007.

1. dymx

dymx Guest

I used dvd-rw for my sony and they work perfect. Today i bought a TDK 50 pack DVD+R 4.7gb. When I try to add my video files which are 700mb, after the first video I get a message saying "the project exceeds some size limits of destination disc type, do you want to have project quality reduced. I don't know what to do. My sony supports DVD+R. What could be the problem?

2. dymx

dymx Guest

It's a SONY AW-Q170A burner

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

What program are you using that gives you that message. Sounds like the Disks are being recog. as CD's and not DVD's.

4. dymx

dymx Guest

I tried ashampoo burning studio 6 and nero 7.

5. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

If all you want to do is burn the files in Nero 's Burning Rom make sure that you are in the DVD section and just highlight the file and move them to the left side for burning. At the bottom should be the bar showing how much space you have left. It could also be the fact that since the burner is fairly new it does not recog the TDK Disk's as a DVD disk. I would take them back and get Verbatim disks

6. dymx

dymx Guest

ok, i'll try Verbatim. One question though my sony also won't recognize sony dvd+r why do you think that is? I tried maxell dvd-r and it recorded.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 17, 2007
  7. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

Can you make sure all of the cables are properly seated. It really sounds like something is loose inside or the burner is getting ready to die. Let us know if the burner can see the Verbatim's as if they can not then I suggest you take the burner back to where you bought it and I hope it is under warranty

8. dymx

dymx Guest

quick question explain what this means

Write Speed CD-R 48X, CD-RW 32X, DVD+R 18X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-R 18X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, DVD-R DL 8X

Read Speed CD-ROM 48X, DVD-ROM 16X

9. dymx

dymx Guest

quick question explain what this means

Write Speed CD-R 48X, CD-RW 32X, DVD+R 18X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-R 18X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD+R DL 8X, DVD-R DL 8X

10. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

dymx

This is how fast it can write to either a CD orDVD if quality blank media is used.

How fast it will read the blank media