1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r media compatibility

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by bdwox, Oct 6, 2002.

1. bdwox

bdwox Member

i have a ricoh dvd+r drive and i mistakenly went out and bought a 10pk of dvd-r media. the drive won't recognize the media and since i live in japan you can't take things back unless they are actually defective, being an idiot like in america doesn't work here. am i going have to eat that 4700 yen or is there some way to make the media work.

2. tbrown92

tbrown92 Guest

"being an idiot like in america doesn't work here. "
    what does this statement mean?
    but to answer your question from what I have been reading DVD-r media doesn't work in DVD players and only 1-2 hrs support. DVD+r is more the standard. I have yet to see an sort of hack or anything to make them work.

3. bdwox

bdwox Member

in america if you don't like something or you buy the wrong thing because you don't know what the hell you are supposed to be doing you can always bring things back to the store. in japan you cannot period i am not saying that americans are idoits i am just saying that if you screw up because you weren't thinking in american you don't loose the money. here in japan you are stuck with what you buy unless it is actually defective. they don't have 2 week return policies or store credit. as in "I am an Idiot and if i was in america i could get my money back or some dvd+r media instead, but in japan tough shit i am stuck with dvd-rs that i cannot use"

4. tbrown92

tbrown92 Guest

I live in america and work retail. I don't know where you get your information on returns. The store I work at(national company) has started a new policy that no return only exchange for identical item. If defective, exchange. If don't like, too bad.

5. phil1991

phil1991 Regular member

Uhh....they are defective. They don't work with your burner....Hello! Tell them they don't work in your computer and swap them for +r's.