1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd+r not working

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by willyelk, Mar 22, 2004.

1. willyelk

willyelk Member

When I copied a movie onto a DVD+R (imation),neither my dvd player or my burner would play it. It says unsuported format. It seemed to burn fine. My burner is LG GSA-4040B. All other DVD-R,DVD-RW seems to work. Any suggestions?

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

People could merely guess as to your problem !!
    Please give additional info other than media (which certainly isnt the best by any means btw - lol)

3. willyelk

willyelk Member

I am pretty new at this, I don't know what else to tell you about the media. I have used maxell dvd-r and dvd -rw and they work. Even the dvd+r seem to be reconized in the burner until they are burnt on. The same movie burned a the dvd-rw wrks. Is it that you can not copy from a dvd-r to a dvd+r?

4. mark666

mark666 Guest

Could be the media,also if burning at 4x speed try slowing it down to 2.4x.
    Hope this helps.

5. willyelk

willyelk Member

mark666,
    I can't get it to burn over 2x, I would like to burn the others at 4x but it seems to have a max of 2x. Could this be the firmware? I was doing some reading on upgrading it, but it kind of scares me. Don't really want to damage my burner.
    Thanks

6. mark666

mark666 Guest

Could be the firmware.Go to your writers web site,there should be a list of recommended media.If your worried about flashing try another make of disc.
    May also be worth trying different burning software.
    Copytodvd works well for a lot of people.