1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dvd-r on ps2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by thedyer, Nov 2, 2003.

1. thedyer

thedyer Member

Need help with a little problem. My dvd-r's play alright on my dvd player but when I play them on my ps2 they come out in black and white. Have tried this on somebody else's ps2 and they have the same problem.
    Any ideas.....

2. A-Razz

A-Razz Member

I had the same problem playing copied DVDs and original NTSC DVDs on PS2. Have you tried playing them on a different TV? cos that worked for me.
    worked on a newer TV but also the TV make might affect it (worked on a Sony TV but came out black and white on a Samsung TV).

Last edited: Nov 2, 2003
  3. #afonic

#afonic Regular member

I don't have a PS2 but I think that it must need a mod-chip to play copied discs.

Someone who knows answer please!

4. Bodene

Bodene Regular member

I've heard that PS2's don't like DVD-R's. I can play DVD+R backups on my PS2, but it won't play the +RW's.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

PS2 v4-7 should play DVD-R movie back ups w/out being modded. With or without menu structure.
    It [bold]will not [/bold] play -R or +R game back ups without mod ...

If the films are in black & white I'd say that it is definitely a PAL problem on a NTSC PS2 (as A-Razz pointed out)__X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    I give you all these seed bearing plants & 'erbs to use...[/small]

Last edited: Nov 3, 2003
  6. mummybear

mummybear Guest

After much soul searching of media, i have found that DVD-R will play in the PS2 without a problem, the blank media was causing a problem, in AUstralia we are very limited on our media and most retail is very expensive, i have found an alternative brand "Shintaro 4X" and every copy works 100% in a stand alone player and also PS2, thanks to all the guys in here who pointed out my media problem, never a problem since