1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DVD-R OR DVD+R

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by addybill, Dec 2, 2004.

1. addybill

addybill Member

Hi everyone

just wondering which is best to burn back ups.

DVD-R or DVD+R

thoughs???

2. sukebola

sukebola Guest

It depends on which burner you have. Some burners only work with + or - and some work with both. The only reason there are two different types is becuase DVD-R's were released but Sony and Philips wanted to make, what they think, a better blank DVD media. I think that DVD+R is better. I think...

3. steimy

steimy Active member

never used +R so i have no refeence. my burner will do both but when i first started my friend told me to get the -R because they work better with the V5/V6 version of PS2 so that is what i did. And they work great for games and movies. I will have to try +R sometime just for kicks but i have great success with the -R so i saw no reason to get any +R

4. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

To tell the truth neither one is any better than the other. It just depends on what your stand alone players are more compatable with. The -R's were first and the +R's came out about a year later. So it would be practical to believe that older DVD players will play the -R format better. Now a day's though most every DVD player will play both formats. I have been backing up movies for along time before +R's came out so I have generally stuck with the -R disk's. I have however used +R's once in a while, but I can't tell any difference except for the one DVD Player I have in the house (out of 6) that one dosent play +R's. So just check all your player's and see what they are capable of playing.

Good Luck
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Burners Nec 2500A
    Pioneer DVR 105